Thread: Firefox prompting for saving PDF file

Firefox prompting for saving PDF file

Hello friends, I am using the Dell desktop with the Windows 7 Home 64-bit and I was using the Firefox 5 and Firefox 5 has just created an odd problem for me. Well when I click on any link which is been projected to open a PDF document, I get a "Save To" dialog box on to the screen. Well this is the strangeness thing which has begun some couple of days ago, and also I am not aware of doing anything that might have annoyed it to happen. Well as I was haven’t knowingly to installed any add-ons, for the occurrence. Internet Explorer 8 and Opera both perform normally on my computer. So people any thoughts what is happening and also how to fix the problem. I am using the Dell desktop with the Windows 7 Home 64-bit. Thank you.

re: Firefox prompting for saving PDF file

You can try to re-install the Adobe reader as it might have the problem and also it is not able to open the file directly on the Firefox, so check it.

The adobe reader which you are using might be of the lower version and the PDF file which are been used on the internet might need the higher version of the reader to get it, as you are able to save the file on the computer and might you have to install the higher version of the reader for it. So I will suggest you to install the latest and the best reader for the system. So go to the Adobe official site and get the latest and download it on the system and install it on the system and then see. Try this method it might help you to do.

I think it might of the add – on of the PDF file which is been nor enable in the Firefox, so due to which you are getting the problem, so you see for it.

Yes it is the problem of the add-on of the PDF file and it is been creating the problem, I was also having the same problem when I was also getting the same problem of the Save as, so I have gone to the re-installing process of the Adobe Reader, as I have downloaded the latest and also update everything on the system then also I was getting the same problem again and again. Then I saw that the PDF add-on in the Firefox was been disabled and due to which I was getting the save as dialog box, so I have enabled it and get it done and gone through some of the PDF files on the internet and I was not getting the problem, so I also suggest you to check the Add-on of the PDF.

The above user have told the correct reason of the problem and also have told you the solution for it, so I would also suggest you to do the same and get it fixed for you.

Well the above users have told you the solution to do it, if then also it is not working then you can do one more method which will be sure and better to work for you, just uninstall the Firefox from the system and do a restart of the system, as you have done then go to Firefox website and get the latest Firefox for your system and download it on the system, download that one which is the compatible with your system. When you are done with the download then install the Firefox and select the recommended setting for the Firefox and search for the site which is having the PDF document and try to open and see that it works or not for you.

Re: Firefox prompting for saving PDF file

All the users have given the best and I would suggest you to go with the add-on one if that does not work then you can go the above user method to work on.