Thread: autofill is not working in firefox 5 and hotmail

autofill is not working in firefox 5 and hotmail

I have a computer at home. I have installed Win 7 (64-bit) Pro operating system. I use firefox 5 for web surfing on the internet. I am unable to get the Firefox 5 to remember the username in the login field. I don’t know what the problem with Firefox 5 is. I have been using firefox as browser since long. I was having Firefox 3.6 on XP64 Pro and there were no problems. I don’t why this is happening. I was just wondering if anyone can help me out. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: autofill is not working in firefox 5 and hotmail

I would suggest you to clear the browser cache. For this purpose you can use menu path Tools->Options->Advanced->Network tab-> and click on "Clear Now" button. Now try to delete any cookies relating to the site involved (Tools->Options->Privacy->Show Cookies button). I hope this will work. If it doesn’t then I would suggest you to check the firewall settings and the browser settings.

Actually let me tell you that hotmail is not permitted the firefox password manager to remember logins for hotmails. Hotmail login remembering is only available by the use of retained cookies and even then you have to check the boxes like remember me and remember my password in the Hotmail log in screen. The only other way of remembering Hotmail log in is by using external Password managers such as 'Roboform' etc

I am having the very same kind of issue with me. I have just formatted my computer and I have installed the fresh copy of Windows with no old cookies present. I check the "Keep me logged in" box which is the only option I get at the hotmail website and still it doesn't remember the user name and password. I have to type in the username and password every time that I log in.

Hotmail changes its operation method all the time. They are also called as browser sniffers. They serve different code to different browsers. This is why I have not been able to prevent autofill in Hotmail, with version 3.6. I haven’t checked but I suspect that they are cheating. They store data in some sort of secret cookie and read data about my computer. I have disabled Flash local stored objects and I have deleted cookies exit. So if I am not wrong then you want autofill? So I would suggest you to just try to enable cookies. I would say that keep the stale cookies forever, also enable Flash local stored objects if you have disabled them and just let them have all your data. Go to Tools > Options > Privacy > Custom settings for history. I am sure that this work. i would say that also try to search on some other forums regarding this issue. i am sure will also get some help from there.

I think you should install the firefox again. I would suggest you to try to uninstall the firefox and install the firefox 5 back again. I suspect that there are some files missing and the firefox must have not got properly installed. I think doing this will resolve the issue.

Actually I am facing the same issue. This problem started with me sometime back. It started just after I upgraded to firefox 5. I would like to say that my hotmail username and password is a little long so I have to all the time manually type and check the mails and stuffs like that. I have used earlier versions of firefox also but I have never had this issue. When I was using earlier versions of firefox I have noticed that hotmail username and password used to get autofilled as soon as I used to type a character in the text box. I can understand that this is very irritating because other sites like yahoomail and all have the autofill function with the firefox 5.

I have heard that auto fill is working now for hotmail and firefox 5. Today I had some mail work. So I just went to the hotmail website and I tried to sign ion as I always do. I saw that as I typed the first letter of my username, rest letters got filled automatically.

I would suggest you to get the Kaspersky Password Manager 5.0.0.150 and you will never have any problem with the hotmail account. I am sure that you will not have any problem. I would suggest you to try to delete old saved web account in the password manager. Then do a new login and save that in password manager web accounts. I hope this works

I think that if you go in the dom inspector or in the firebug, there you will see that the username name box has autocomplete set as off in the settings which actually disables the autocomplete form the box

I think you should not use firefox. May be there is some problem with your operating system and firefox. It could be that your system is infected by malware and hence you are facing this problem. I would suggest you to run any anti-malware solutions in the system so that you can avoid the problem. If you are not having an anti malware, then I would recommend you to get one. You can download it from the internet for free.