Thread: Adobe flash plug-in crashes in bbc iplayer using firefox 6

Adobe flash plug-in crashes in bbc iplayer using firefox 6

I have a computer at home with windows xp pro sp3 operating system. I have kept my system up-to-date with widows update. I use firefox 6 as my web browser. I like to surf on the internet a lot. I have Firefox 3.6.17 installed. When I try to play some program in bbc iplayer, I get a brief introduction in the start and I get a click to play button option. When I click on the button, I get a error message saying that “Adobe Flash plug-in has crashed” I have tried reloading the bbc iplayer but the problem still persists. I have seen that iplayer works fine with internet explorer 8. I don’t know what the problem is. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Adobe flash plug-in crashes in bbc iplayer using firefox 6

As you have mentioned that iplayer works fine with the internet explorer then this is because IE has its own version of flash and I assume that firefox use a non-active-X version. So I think you should first check this so for that go to the control panel and click on "Add/Remove programs" you will have two adobe flash lines. Now try to open your firefox, click on the Add-ons manager in Tools and then click on the Plug-ins then you should have a "Shockwave Flash" make sure that it is enabled.

I would suggest you to try out this solution. First close the firefox and start the firefox in the safe mode. This mode will temporarily disable all the extensions and other files that must be causing this issue. I think it is more of a Windows problem then a Firefox problem however it is said to be better or fixed in Firefox 7.0

The problem to me seems to be related to the transition from the short introductory sequence to the program itself.

Once you have updated the Flash plug-in then try about:config and toggling dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.npswf32.dll to false and after doing this try to restart the system. I hope this works. I think if you need more information related to this then I would ask you to try surfing on the internet. You can search on the google website regarding this.