Thread: Firefox 3.6 Update without permission

Firefox 3.6 Update without permission

Guys I have found that the Firefox keeps updating on its own without any permission why does this happen? I think that any update should be asked by us first and then if we are allowing it then only it should go with the updating but I don’t know what’s wrong over here it has been irritating me a lot. Tell me guys what should I do.

Re: Firefox 3.6 Update without permission

I dint found any such problem when I was using this Firefox. May be this is the problem with the firefox and if you are not able to solve this problem then you need to uninstall it and then install it again and I am sure the problem would be solved.

Look out for the option check for update button which has been used to initialize the update process. And that’s were you give the permission to get the updates. And if you have clicked over there then that’s the thing you need to care for and if you haven’t still check out if by mistake you would have done that. I don’t think that there would be anything that can be changed to give you anything more about the confirmation step with the clicking check for the updates and this would be applying with the updates.

Try out some other version of the Firefox and see if it is behaving same of different I don’t think that any of the Firefox versions behaves like that but still it would if you have been facing the problem then you need to try some other version and that would surely solve your problem.

Well I think that you windows automatic update would have been on and because of that all the application have been getting upgraded in your system and that’s where the Firefox is also getting updated or have you downloaded any software which does helps in automatic upgrade of all the un upgraded files there are number of software’s doing that so look out for any software is been there if that is ther e just remove that and close the automatic update of your system and see if you are helped.

Click on the firefox checks the Mozilla servers for the application update and if it is able to find any downloadable like with the update that would be found in your computer then the present problem would be there and then restart and now apply this to the update button. If it is clicked then shut the firefox immediately and then restart it to pick up the changes that came with the update has been downloaded with the earlier process hope this would be helping you out a bit.

IS this really a problem for you? As per as my view i don't think that this should be actually a problem because the new version are really awesome and they are absolutely flawless they are just awesome. The performance and all has been really nice and i don't think that you would be facing any problem like this in it ever after. You need to go with the latest update they are really fine.

This has become a major problem, Firefox is now updating to ver 10.0.2 without permission. I use the portableapp version and I have the setting set to do NOT check for updates and yet it performed a silent upgrage and now some of my tools no longer work.
    I've notice other apps doing the same , whatever happened to freedom of choice??

Quote Originally Posted by simcom View Post
    I have the setting set to do NOT check for updates and yet it performed a silent upgrage and now some of my tools no longer work.
    Well, thats really very annoying. There are lots of useful add-ons that wont work with firefox never version. BTW, am also using FF 4 but firefox asks me every time for permission. I guess there is some mess up in settings. Just check the image below and make sure you have checked option "Ask me what i want to do" as shown in the image: