Thread: what is superfish?

what is superfish?

I have been using the Mozilla firefox and it was working fine I don’t know from sometime this has been acting very weird whenever I am opening the Mozilla there is a superfish opening automatically now I just don’t have any idea that what is this please help me out it is very irritating and because of this it has been very slow and has been blocking my access to other pages.

Re: what is superfish?

I have been using this browser so long and I have been unable to find anything regarding to this browser of this name I don’t know if any new application has been there but I don’t think there is because there have been no update till now. Anyways is weird and I am searching for it now and I hope I would be getting something and as I would be getting I would be letting you know about it.

What I would be saying is that you have got the extension of the Windows shopper- automatic price comparison and because of that all this thing has been occurring all this just remove that and then the problem would be solved for sure.

I think this is a homepage you must have downloaded some application and you wouldn’t have cared but with that you would have downloaded the toolbar and made it as home page and that has been the reason why it has been at the home page. You can remove this by changing the homepage in your browser and also you can disable the toolbar if there is any of these names and then the problem would be solved for sure. Much time I too get this problem because of this and as you would be doing what I have suggested all the problem would be solved for sure.

Hopefully the best solution would be to clear the cache and cookies and I am sure the things would be solved and you would get your old browser again with no problem at all. The above posters are right too. Can follow their steps to get rid of the problem.

I think that you have got some virus you need to scan your system now and this would be very irritating and would be damaging complete firefox if not been taken care now I have saw this problem before and have found that this is due to the virus so I would be saying that just do system restore and see if this problem is been solved because this is the virus for sure and if you would be removing that I am sure that it would be working fine.

I have searched for it and found that it is an website which has been as the windows shopper and it is an instant comparison as your shop you need to look out for it. And remove it if you can find it around some where been stored it in your browser and see if the things are changed.

I would be giving you some steps you just need to follow it and see if this would be helping you out.
    1. Just go to the control panel and then add remove
    2. See there if you can see anything as superfish if yes just remove them and if not then troubleshoot extension and themes.
    3. And if nothing is helping you out then you need to post it to windows technical support and ask them to help you out.

I think that you have got some of the add on of that and this has been the reason why they have been coming up you need to look for the addons and remove them and this would help you for sure.

Hey guys thanks for the suggestion. I was also thinking that this is an website which has been popping up again and again but this was very weird so I thought that this was because of the virus or so, that’s why I was asking you to help me but I don’t think that this is a virus this was just installed with a application which I installed just some time ago now the problem is solved when I did system restore previously I thought the system restore would be just not helpful but this is nice to see that you all also suggested this and then it worked too.