Thread: Opening Tools -> Options menu freezes Firefox

Opening Tools -> Options menu freezes Firefox

I am using the Firefox from many years but from last few days it started showing me some problem with that. Actually whenever open the browser and select Tools > option then it freezes the option and I have to end that from the taski manager. All the other options of this are working great without any problem. I am not able to get this problem resolved in any way. Can somebody help me to get this issue solved?

Re: Opening Tools -> Options menu freezes Firefox

There are more chances that the browser installed in your computer is corrupted and for that reason you are getting the problems like this. So just uninstall that from your PC and after that install that again. You must download a fresh copy of the setup and install that from that. This will prevent you from the install time issues.

If your computer is running the Intel Pentium 4 processor and the Windows 2000 or XP then you need to disable hyper-threading for Firefox. To do that, just go through the steps below.
    1. First of all click the right mouse button from desktop icon that will launch Firefox normally.
    2. Now Choose Properties.
    3. Click the button compatibility.
    4. Select Run this program in compatibility mode for.
    5. In the selection menu for the compatibility mode Windows 98/ME.
    6. Click OK.
    7. Restart Firefox to check whether the problem was solved and there are no more hangers.

Firefox may hang when you access the menu or the Chronicle Chronicle sidebar or use other functions, and the list of visited pages is too big. To fix the problem, delete your history of visited pages. After deleting the history of visited pages should chronicle the menu and the Chronicle Sidebar again react quickly.

It might be due to some virus effect in your computer and so you can just scan the computer with some updated antivirus and clean all the affected files. See if that is helping you in any manner.