Thread: Mozilla Firefox 6 slows down and keeps on crashing

Mozilla Firefox 6 slows down and keeps on crashing

Hello friends, I am facing the problem with the Firefox 6, as it is slowing down and also it is keep on crashing so does anyone know 'why Firefox 6 is so slow and keeps on crashing, as the earlier Firefox was always so good, fast and stable when using it. So please the reason for the problem and also tell the solution for the problem. I use the Firefox as the web browser and also I have save many of the bookmarks on the Firefox. So please suggest me what to do and what is the best method to do. Thank you.

Re: Mozilla Firefox 6 slows down and keeps on crashing

It may be the reason of too many extensions / add-ons or tabs opened when you are using the Firefox during the time of the surfing.

I have a suggestion to solve the problem for that you need to follow the steps which I have metioned below:
    • Go to Control Panel
    • Then go to Add / remove software
    • Select and remove Firefox from your computer completely.
    • Restart the computer
    • Again install the Firefox

Now see you are getting the same problem again or not, I hope you will be not to get the same problem with it.

The problem might be occur due to the reason of the extension / add-on which are been added in the Firefox for using the Firefox, so remove some of them.

Actually most of the issues with the Firefox are been caused by extensions. Take one suggestion that you start the Firefox in safe-mode to see that how it will work, so after checking in the safe mode then comes back to the normal mode if you need help how to go on the safe mode then go to internet and over there you will be able to get the method that how you can get to the safe – mode. If it working good and better in the safe mode then come to the normal mode and remove some of the extension and try to work it after removing it. I hope it might help you and also will solve the problem of yours of getting the slow down and crashing of the Firefox.

I also agree with the above user and I will also go and do with the same method which the above user is try to do and so I would suggest you to do the same method.

I want to tell you that one major thing to remember is that as an example which tells the XP1 was pretty memory friendly whereas the XP2 used lots more memory so by the time you upgraded to XP3 then you had to increase memory of the computer or the laptop to 768 MB. Well it was not the Firefox that caused you to add memory so the problem was with the Operating System and also all the boot-ups and running all applications are been slowed down as per releases came from Microsoft. So you also check with the operating system of the computer or the laptop. You might get the reason of the problem.

I would suggest you to remove the extension and see; well you can see the method which the above user has told you to do. So the choice is yours to do.

I would suggest you to uninstall the Firefox and installed in the system, as you will be doing this then you would be not getting the problem of the Firefox getting slow and also the Firefox will be not be crashed, so do the uninstall the Firefox completely from the system, as the uninstall is been done then do the restart of the system, as the system restarts then do some work on the system and again do a one more restart of the system, when you are done with the second restart and the system started then install the Firefox and also install some add – on which are necessary for you. Then try to work on it and it may work for you. Just try this method.

I just fixed the same problem by going to firefox ->preferences->advanced->update and unchecking the automatic update for everything but firefox.

actually that only helped for a few minutes for some reason. it could also be my internet which comes and goes so try anyway.

Even I too had similar kind of problem but when i searched for it on the web, I found out that most of the users were talking about to delete the user/roaming folder, so after trying it my firefox 6 is now running properly. If anyone else is having slow down problems with firefox 6 then they can try this solution and get it working as well.