Thread: Don’t need the bing search tab opened by firefox 6

Don’t need the bing search tab opened by firefox 6

I have a computer at home and I like surfing on the internet. My complete office work is based on the internet. Currently I am having firefox 3.5.8 installed in my system. I have been using firefox since long. Whenever I am opening a tab in the browser I get the bing search tab opened. I don’t need it. It always happens. I am really very annoyed with this. I don’t want the bing search tab instead I want a blank page tab opened. I don’t know how this is possible. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Re: Don’t need the bing search tab opened by firefox 6

Firstly I would like to know that does it happen in safe mode. I think or else this bing search thing is happening because of an extension or toolbar. Try to uninstall the SearchToolbar 1.2. I think this is how you must have got the bing.

I would suggest you to go to the firefox safe mode option. There you will get some options like Disable all add-ons, Reset toolbars and controls (Firefox) or Reset toolbars and window sizes, Delete all bookmarks except for backups, Reset all user preferences to (Firefox )defaults and Restore default search engines. I would suggest you to make some changes there by ticking and ticking the box. This will back the entire default search engines included with your version of Firefox 6.

I think you must remove the bing search engine from the toolbar section. Go to Tools > Add-ons > Extensions > Remove bing search toolbar and then try to restart the Firefox 6.

I would suggest you to first try to uninstall the firefox 6 browser that you have installed. After uninstalling the firefox try to install it back. Make sure that before installing, you have deleted all files related to firefox 6 because if you don’t that, it won’t get installed properly. After installing the firefox 6 newly, try to open a new tab and see whether the bing search tab is again getting opened or no. I assume that it won’t get opened. I hope this resolves your issue. I hope this helps, but if it doesn’t then I would like to know so for that just reply me back. I want to know so that I can give you some effective solutions to help you out. All the best.

I think there is some virus in your system which is creating some problems with your firefox. Try to degrade the version of firefox and see whether the issue has got resolved or not. As you have mentioned that you are using firefox 6, I would suggest you to go the firefox 5. Which antivirus are you using? I think you might have to format your pc once for the virus to get out. I think doing this will definitely resolve your issue.

I think you should check the firefox 6 settings. I would suggest you to remove all bing flies completely from your computer. This would certainly help. Also I think you should search on the google website regarding this issue. I am sure that you will get some ideas on the google website. so just start googling in the internet. Open the google website there just type the issue in the search bar and enter. After that you will find many searches regarding this. Any close suggestions must be opened. I hope this helps.

I think you should not use firefox browser. I have been using firefox and I have had lots of problems with firefox. So I decided to not to use firefox. I use internet explorer 9 and let me tell you that internet explorer has improved a lot.