Thread: Accessing blocks site by using Text-Based Mirror

Accessing blocks site by using Text-Based Mirror

I just found an small article that was worth sharing here. The article states creating an text mirror of any site that you cannot access. It is right that in some office many websites are blocked. To access them this service can be used. The service is issues. All you need is to provide the url of your website on TextMirror and then wait for something. You can then see the text based version of that site which will not have any kind of images and dynamic content. I found this service a bit helpful which helped me to read some blogs on which I go through everyday. But I found this a bit limited. There are many things which does not work here. It always become tough to access some sites on office net. There should be some kind of more services like this which can help us to access many block site. On mobile the limitation goes with the size and data speed which is an headache. Is there any more better services like this which can help to access blocked content without getting tracks. Thanks.

Re: Accessing blocks site by using Text-Based Mirror

TextMirror does not work for dynamic content. Facebook type sites do not work on it. It is just for reading and especially blogs. You cannot do much in that.

Corporate offices are set on strict internet policies so that they can protect their data. A special web filtering software works in the background which traces your internet activities. So better it is recommended you should avoid using such stuff.

TextMirror is just an basic service which shows you the text only version of a website. You can read the content only in that and that makes your work easier. That's all. I had used this many times for reading news in my office. Many sites are blocked there. But this becomes sometime useful to get better updates on text. It lacks images and and other supports by which you can login your account and access the same. Another thing that can helpful is using up proxy. There are many proxy servers available. You can surf anonymously from that. You are also not traced. Mozilla Firefox has proxy plugins support. You just need to configure appropriate proxy server settings and you are enough free to absorb the bandwidth. Proxy too have many limitations. Just for surfing it is enough.

Yes proxy can be a nice options. But when your IT department trace that they will ban that also. So better get a good broadband at your home.

I don't know whether this can help your not, but there is an web browser which is capable of showing you only the text version of a website. It is called as Lynx text only browser. The interface of this browser is quiet old. But better and very faster even on slow system. Lynx is a browser that only displays text and can be used in command line. This is good for testers and developers. You can use this in your system to get text only version of a website. The command line interface is the simplest operating system, in which everything you want to do has to be expressed in the form of instructions or commands. The command line is typical of Unix or Linux, though Linux is today through a window system, which can do almost the same things by the command line.

Everything is useless at my place. They use some kind of tool which generates a ticket on my name and delivers to my senior, even if I open youtube. I receive an sms stating that you access this site even after restrictions.

Mobile is an best platform for this stuff. You can site somewhere relax and access your favorite site. TextMirror just create an mirror copy of an site and delivers on your desktop. It can be combination of an proxy and text only web browser.