Thread: The new lightened tab style from Chrome 13, how can I remove it?

The new lightened tab style from Chrome 13, how can I remove it?

I recently updated my chrome browser to chrome 13 and I noticed a very annoying thing in it. The new lightened tab appears as the front most tab. It appears to be a part of the updated default theme of chrome13. I always get distracted because of it and I don’t like it to be on my screen. If anyone knows how I can remove it then please tell me the steps to do that. And if you don’t know about it then can you please tell me, how I can go back to my default Chrome 12 theme. Please reply with a solution for this.

Re: The new lightened tab style from Chrome 13, how can I remove it?

Here I want to add something from my side. The operating system that I am using is Windows xp and therefore, I am using the window version of Chrome 13 and I am not seeing anything like this in my chrome browser. I think, this new tab style is only in Linux version of Chrome13 only. If you have the problem with the default theme of your chrome 13 then I will suggest you try using another theme that you like.

Can you describe it in detail, which is the thing that you don’t like about it? Its fading effect or anything else? I saw that some people don’t like its fade-out effect. Personally speaking, I really liked this new tab style. And as far as I remembered it was also in chrome12, so it is not something which is new to chrome browser. And, I think, this style will not going to be removed in the future versions also, because many people has liked this new theme of Google Chrome 13.

don’t know why but I really don’t like this tab style and my friends also feel it annoying. But, it is also true that it merely depends on person to person. But, as it always distracts me, I really want to know a trick to remove it from my display. I also tried to change the theme with several other themes but it is still there.