Thread: How can I get the download bar again in Google Chrome v13

How can I get the download bar again in Google Chrome v13

I am using Google Chrome v13 on my windows pc and I am one small question my brother was downloaded a song which he don’t recall where so I was thinking if I get the downloading tab open again then I might be able to get the file location trough that but the thing is that I am unable to locate the download tab on my chrome v13 I search all the option but still I am unable to find it. This option is very easy in the Mozilla Firefox but on chrome I am unable to locate the same so I was hoping if any one there knows anything about this I would be very glad to know the answer

Re: How can I get the download bar again in Google Chrome v13

Well from what I know about the Google chrome the download tab only appear when you download something. It will come back so that is only way I think of seeing if this works.

Quote Originally Posted by RidD View Post
    I am using Google Chrome v13 on my windows pc and I am one small question my brother was downloaded a song which he don’t recall where so I was thinking if I get the downloading tab open again then I might be able to get the file location trough that but the thing is that I am unable to locate the download tab on my chrome v13 I search all the option but still I am unable to find it. This option is very easy in the Mozilla Firefox but on chrome I am unable to locate the same so I was hoping if any one there knows anything about this I would be very glad to know the answer
    Try using Crt + J that bring the download tab back I never used it but I read many post that suggest that answer.

Quote Originally Posted by RidD View Post
    If you click on the setting icon after that the Download link will appear there. Click on it and Chrome will open a new Tab list with all your current downloads.
    On the other hand, you can use Ctrl+J to do the same thing

The same problem I have accidently hide the downloading bar now As I download a word .doc attachment from my webmail, it downloads ok and showed on the downloads tab but the bar by no means pops up anymore even CTRL+J is not working please suggest me the solution

Quote Originally Posted by Roey View Post
    The same problem I have accidently hide the downloading bar now As I download a word .doc attachment from my webmail, it downloads ok and showed on the downloads tab but the bar by no means pops up anymore even CTRL+J is not working please suggest me the solution
    First tell me what version are you using if you can't see the Downloads page in Settings previously you click on the cancel button on the bottom Downloads bar, it will wait until you download something else. Well I can observe there's a grayed-out box in choice, below the bonnet, which shows Clear auto-opening settings so if you using a new Beta version maybe that's active On it

I think that auto-opening settings are the list of file category that Chrome downloads and runs repeatedly other than its downloading them and send-off them on the download bar for you to decide what to do with.

I thing you are correct its what actually Auto setting is referred to but it didn’t appear to to repeat your issue on latest version after I download a doc from Gmail and when the downloading finished I click the X to hide the download bar, the bar still emerge when I try to download the doc again. So I dint understand how cone it’s not appearing on your chrome