Thread: Google Chrome is not working after updating to v13 from v12 on SLED 11.1

Google Chrome is not working after updating to v13 from v12 on SLED 11.1

I am facing problem on my SLED 11.1 as lately update my Chrome from 12 to 13 a secure release and it propmt me for some libraries which it was not capable to find it, I installed it and after that when I attempt to start it once more time but now .it give me” Aw snap” error and I am unable to browse at all of the using Chrome

Re: Google Chrome is not working after updating to v13 from v12 on SLED 11.1

Well I think it not properly installed maybe you will have to uninstall and install again. And if you still having webpage crashes unpredictably, you can just reload the page. If you're getting this "Aw, Snap!" error message for each page you stopover, try the answer below

• Make sure your anti-virus and firewall applications causing the error just check this by temporarily turning them of them and start the Google chrome and see if its gave error

• make sure it’s not your extensions just stop your extensions individually to see if a particular extension is reason of the problem.

• check your computer for malware. Clear it

• If the browser keep on to display the "Aw, Snap!" message, your user profile might be ruined. Then make a new user profile

Do all this and see if its working for you or not

Thanks , i previously tried that earlier than posting the question, even i make an effort to go ahead to the beta and dev version too but those as well didn't helped . I believe this is a great deal of l a Bug that we can file for the Chrome

Well I can only suggest you to report this to the Linux support may be they find some way to get rid of this . that is all you require to do. anticipate that helps. Did you also attempt to look for online solution on Linux forums, or did you know any Google Chrome Developer Discussion Group, thus that you can empathize with others

I covered it as an installation problem to them and they want me to give them with the library name so will be giving that to them shortly with the data, incidentally Chrome is support on Suse machines, . A tiny tip if you have upgraded to the newest version and that version doesn't support , you can at all times slip back back to the old version by copying the chrome folder from someone eles machine to your present machine, similar to for my case i was not capable to locate the rpm of google-chrome-12 anyplace on the internet dose anyone know where I can find that file on internet

Ok still Linux need manual install anyhow so there's always a records around there followed by if people don't update or do such thing. The update install was the trouble? Good work that you inform them. Thus that one is SUSE release huh?

Similar problem. Still updating libstdc++ doesn't repair SLE11SP1 and fault in every page with Aw, Snap Pretty discouraging since I use Chrome on my additional OS's. And it sound like SLE11 SP2 will not restore the trouble either. is there any log files to check to find out precisely what is breaking it so we can upgrade properly

See if this works
    Possible solutions:
    • SUSE wants to update libstdc++.so.6 used for SLES 11.
    • Improve to SLES 12 when it will be available
    • Download Chromium construct from the openSUSE Build Service [2] or other Chromium source.

Pleas reply whether this works or not