Thread: Arabic text is not properly displayed in Google Chrome v13 on Ubuntu

Arabic text is not properly displayed in Google Chrome v13 on Ubuntu

I am using Ubuntu on my pc and everything was fine before I was able to see all Arabic website properly but recently when I updated my Google chrome version to 13 ever this changes all Arabic website which was previously properly working now is not able to display properly. Its look like text setting is misplaced and in some cases the character of some text are mixed .looks like it’s some problem in the chrome v13 . But when I checked with my friend I saw his windows 7 machine, the Google chrome v13 was working absolutely fine. This is problem now as I am using those Arabic site for a long time now and almost for everyday and if its not working on my pc then is a big problem as I have to go to my friends house every time to refer those website and its major at the night can anyone here suggest me how can I get rid of this problem pleas reply me I would be very glad to know any answer from you thanks .

Re: Arabic text is not properly displayed in Google Chrome v13 on Ubuntu

Same here I am also facing the same problem using Linux I think it a bug on the Google chrome when it comes to the Linux operating system

Even I am also facing the same problem after the upgrade and that is very annoying I am not using the Google chrome now instead I am using the Mozilla Firefox web browser see I can see only 2 possibility for you either you uninstall the updated version of the Google chrome and again reinstall the older version that was working fine with all the Arabic site or you another alternate web browser that is available for Linux is there and particular reason that you only need to view the website on Google chrome as you had to go to your friends house ever time for viewing those Arabic web pages I don’t understand this please justify

You are right I am doing exactly the same thing as chrome is not working properly I am using the Firefox and got one more info If you've struggling with a Google chrome in Linux and are aware of this inconsistency with that operating system only, in that case please utilize the help reference and inform this in the bug reporting place for Linux. First you will have search for related issue, as it is most likely outdated issue and perhaps resolve with no you know.

Thanks man look like useful information to use I will definitely find about this issue and if no solution is found I myself will report this bug on to chrome help page

Hey guys I am confused here I need little help from you I was planning to convert my system Ubuntu Lucid Lynx and was thinking to use Google chrome as my default browser and I surf the Arabic site a lot and seems like chrome is not supporting the Arabic website so I need to know what web browser should I use for my machine

Well is not like Google chrome is not supporting the Arabic web browser it’s just a kind of Bug that causing this problem and that to in the v13 only so don’t worry just use the earlier version for some while until this issue is fixed and v13 once again able to use

That web browser that support Linux are
    1. Firefox -The most popular open source web browser
    2. Google chrome
    3. Opera
    4. HotJava
    5. Lynx - text based web browser
    6. Netscape Navigator
    7. WebCon
    8. Galeon- based on gecko Mozilla rendering engine

And many more but this could enough for you chrees

Quote Originally Posted by Zacharia View Post
    That web browser that support Linux are
    1. Firefox -The most popular open source web browser
    2. Google chrome
    3. Opera
    4. HotJava
    5. Lynx - text based web browser
    6. Netscape Navigator
    7. WebCon
    8. Galeon- based on gecko Mozilla rendering engine

And many more but this could enough for you chrees
    Ok top three I know but Later I have no idea its new for me so I recommend you who looking for the alternate option to look for first 3 those are popular choice