Thread: Why there is no 64 bit Internet browser for windows

Why there is no 64 bit Internet browser for windows

I have one question regarding the web browsers which are running on windows. I have seen in the windows that none of the web browsers used by us are processing 64 bit. All those browsers run on the processing on 32 bit. Why this is like that. Since I have seen that Mac os and Linux have the browsers which are processing at 64 bit then why only windows doesn’t have support for 64 bit browser and none of the developer are trying to develop the 64 bit browser.

Re: Why there is no 64 bit Internet browser for windows

According to me there is one browser which supports 64 bit processing. And the browser is the internet explorer 9 which is working on the 64 bit processing. But this browser is only available for the windows 7 and vista. And don’t know if it will run on the windows XP. So try it. It is good browser for use so if you have the windows 7 then try to upgrade the browser to Internet explorer 9.

I don’t think the 64 bit browser is necessary for windows. Since according to me due to this we can’t get any security improving only change will be the processing speed nothing more. I am happy with the 32 bit browsers which are available. If you want 64 bit download the IE 9.

According to me there are many browsers which are 64 bit and used for the windows. I have the list of the browsers which are actually 64 bit. Firefox and safari both are available in 64 bit for windows. Only the drawback which I have seen is that those are working actually on 32 bit processes and need some sort of plug-in. And I don’t like the internet explorer at all. I have used it and it is not good. You can see it. So if you want to use the browser in 64 bit then you have to use those plug-in. I don’t think there is any way you will get the official browser which is released as 64 bit.

Yes what you say is right there is no browser which is actually 64 bit. None of the full release of the web browser is 64 bit all of them are 32 bit only. And this is only for windows other operating systems like Linux and Mac has 64 bit browsers. If you want the 64 bit browser then there are some unofficial releases of the browsers which are running on 64 bit one of such a browser is the nightlies.

According to me the 64 bit browsers are not at all useful right now for windows. There are many of the users who are actually using the 32 bit operating system even there is 64 bit operating systems due to lack of support for some of the applications. So due to the large amount of the people using 32 bit windows there is more need of 32 bit processing web browser . and not that of the 64 bit web browser. But still now the 64 bit windows are in use. So developer has to think about creating the 64 bit web browsers which actually process at 64 bit and not at 32 bit.

I have used the 64 bit version of Internet Explorer which actually has lots of restrictions while using it. The one of the major drawback of 64 bit browser is that we cannot set is as the default browser. So according to me 32bit browsers are good.

Yes many of the browsers which are actually developed for the 64 bit processing actually doesn’t work perfectly at all while using and cant able to process perfectly while using it.

Yes this is true that many of the browser causing the problems while using it on 64 bit platform. One of the examples of it is the Internet Explorer 9 which is 64 bit. And has the lots of the problems. In this browser we can’t able to use the jump lists and other thing is that we can’t pin the sites in it. And we also can’t able to use the pinned sites in it. also the java script engine used in the 64 bit browser is actually only 32 bit.

I have seen the build of the Firefox which is 64 bit. Whose name is waterfox. Which you can use on the windows and it runs perfectly. And may own opinion is that 32 bit for web browsing is enough.

Yes I have also seen such a problem in the Internet Explorer 9 but it’s good that Microsoft is trying to use the 64 bit technology for browsers. If the Microsoft can able to use the technology then the other browser vendors also have to try 64 bit processing. I don’t know about the 64 bit Google chrome and opera browsers according to me those are also running on the 32 bit itself. So all the third party vendors have to develop the 64 bit browsers so we can use it and get more benefits from it.