Thread: BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300: how to connect internet through wifi

BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300: how to connect internet through wifi

Recently I bought BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300, and I think that this is nice Smartphone. But now I have problem in it. I am facing problem while connecting the Wi-Fi. During the connection when I am trying to use the browser at that time message popup always say "unable to find the requested server". Can any on help me in this case please.

Re: BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300: how to connect internet through wifi

I think that Depending on your BlackBerry device model, the Wi-Fi may not be supported. Let me tell you something About connecting to a Wi-Fi that is You can connect to Wi-Fi at home or at work, or access points available in public places such as libraries, airports, hotels, cafes, and so on. Your wireless service provider might provide an application for your device that lets you connect to a hotspot. If you do not have an application on your device, you may need to set up your own online account and log in yourself. If you are in a coverage area of Wi-Fi ® and wireless service plan supports it, you can connect to a Wi-Fi so that the BlackBerry device uses Wi-Fi instead of cellular network to send and receive emails, websites, and so on.

I think that If you have an access point or wireless router that uses Wi-Fi Protected Setup, you can connect to a Wi-Fi through the Push Button Setup PIN method or method. You can save the connection in order for a Wi-Fi in a profile, so the next time you are within the scope of this network, the device connects to it manually. You can also change the profile to be asked to manually connect. When the device is connected to Wi-Fi network, the profile name Wi-Fi at the top of the home screen.
    To enable the Wi-Fi follow the steps as:
    • In the main screen, click the Manage Connections icon.
    • Select the checkbox Wi-Fi.

And for turning the Wi-Fi off first you will need to clear the Wi-Fi check box. And after that Connect to a Wi-Fi, By default, the new Wi-Fi profiles appear at the bottom of the list of Wi-Fi profiles. If youremail accounts using BlackBerry Enterprise Server, your company can prevent you from connecting to a Wi-Fi. And for that reason you can also follow the following steps:
    1. for that In the main screen, click the Manage Connections icon.
    2. after that Click Settings, Wi-Fi.
    3.and then do one of the following:
    • Click Scan for Networks. Click on a network.
    • Click Manually Add Network. Enter the name of the network. Click Add.
    4. after these all Follow the instructions on the screen.
    5. When prompted to save a profile for the Wi-Fi, click Next to your BlackBerry device is connected to the Wi-Fi
    automatically the next time.
    6. In the configuration screen full Wi-Fi, do any of the following:
    • for changing the order of Wi-Fi profiles, click Prioritize Wi-Fi profiles.
    • and to complete the configuration of Wi-Fi, click Finish

To change your Wi-Fi network options later in the main screen, click the Manage Connections icon on your mobile phone. Click Options Wi-Fi and then Connect to a Wi-Fi using the Push Button Setup method If you are using a wireless access point or router that is enabled with Wi-Fi Protected Setup, you can connect to the Wi-Fi with Push Button Setup method.
    1. For that click the Manage Connections icon on the home screen.
    2. After that Click Set Up Wi-Fi Network.
    3. Then Click Push Button Setup.
    4. Again Click Next.
    5. Then you can see that on your access point or router, press the Wi-Fi Protected Setup button else select the option for Wi-Fi Protected Setup that appears on the access point administration web page or screen.
    6. After this on your BlackBerry device, click Done.
    7. When you are prompted to save a profile for the Wi-Fi network, click Next so that your device connects to the Wi-Fi network automatically next time.
    8. Click Next.
    9. On the Wi-Fi Setup Complete screen, perform any of the following actions:

• To change the order of your Wi-Fi profiles, click Prioritize Wi-Fi Profiles.
    • To complete the Wi-Fi connection setup, click Finish.

Hey thanks for your steps to how to connect my BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300 to the Wi-Fi networks. Also can you please suggest me that how can I Prevent my device from connecting to a Wi-Fi network? And again thanks for the reply because it works for me.

For preventing your device from connecting to a Wi-Fi network you can follow the steps which are as:
    • In the main screen, click the Manage Connections icon.
    • Click Options Wi-Fi.
    • Select a profile from Wi-Fi
    • Press the Menu key.
    • Click Disable.

Hey I think that by default, the BlackBerry device periodically scans for Wi-Fi automatically connects to the network which have the highest priority. You can choose to search for and connect to one of your saved Wi-Fi with the help of the following steps:
    • For that click the Manage Connections icon In the main screen
    • And then Click Options Wi-Fi.
    • after this select the single profile scan check box.
    • Click on a Wi-Fi profile.
    • Press the Menu key.
    • and after finishing all Click Save.

I think that in this case you will need a BlackBerry Internet Service which is the data plan from your phone service provider to use BlackBerry Data features. And then I will suggest you to connect with the service provider and ask them for a BlackBerry Data Service plan. I am sure that they will help you in the finding the BlackBerry Data Service plan.

According to me you are on the corporate BlackBerry Internet Service in this case the it might happens that administrator may be blocking Wi-Fi, if yes then I will suggest you to talk to the BlackBerry administrator at your company.

Yeah, your steps are working for me, and also thanks for that. I am trying with the all the steps which are given above and out of them more are working in my case. Now I am able to connect my BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300 to the internet using the Wi-Fi. In the starting of following all this steps I was not getting the proper results but now when I try to contact with the BlackBerry Internet Service, I am able to connect to the internet using the Wi-Fi. There I got the perfect BlackBerry Data Service plan for my BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300 and also this is working so good in my phone. Really thanks for your reply.