Thread: How to Recover Deleted Safari History in Apple OS X Lion

How to Recover Deleted Safari History in Apple OS X Lion

Friends, I am working in the small school and for that we don’t have the IT department. In our school we have an student which have made a search on the Google images for the images. And also he got the images over there and he took a print of that image. After this he deleted the history of the Safari. I want to know that is there is any way to recover the history. Actually we have the actual image that he printed with the printer. We can not say him directly that he had searched that image from the Google because he had deleted the history. I would like to know if there is any way to recover the history.

Re: How to Recover Deleted Safari History in Apple OS X Lion

In this case I think that time machine running will help you a lot. And if you have recover the safari files then it will help you in the case if your history got deleted. I am telling you this thing because I am not sure that where you have stored you history. I think that I n your case there will be no time machine running because there is no need for the data backup in this case. If he deleted the history then try to check the cache, I think that he will not delete the cache. Try to check that first and hope you will able to find the deleted history over there.

Hey in your case I don’t think that the cache will store the history. I am telling this thing because Safari also has a "reset" feature that will clear the cache automatically as well. So I will suggest to not go for checking the cache for recover the history. In this case the best way for you to run parental controls on the account. And I am sure that this will help you.

I think that you may be able to view the cookies on the machine but this thing will not help you to point that who did the search. Cookies will only tell you that the site has visited by the computer. And you are telling that he had deleted the history then I think that there is no other way to recover the history, because after deleting the history everything would be wiped out. And if that boy was enabled the private browsing then nothing would be stored in this case. So you can’t recover that history. I don’t think that there is any other way to find that who had visited on that web site. And also I will suggest you to find that boy who is using that computer, because this is only way to find that person.

Also I had deleted my history and I was also trying to get it back. But in this case i remembered my Google account and it helps me because it stores all the history and Google search. Try for that and hope that it will help in your case.

Hi, I am recently trying to get my history back and I think that there will be some quite a large volume of information presented. In this case the solution is to use the search bar there will be available on that page. I am telling you this thing because I am recently trying to get my time machine set up. I have working Ethernet but while trying it says that you can't set up time machine. I am also searching for the any suggestion and still I am not getting any solution for it.

For recovering the history I will suggest you to do the following steps. :
    User name folder>library>caches>safari>history.
    These steps will work only in case if you cleared the history from safari its self. And hope this will work for you.

Hey I was doing as you suggested me and it works for me. But it was working until yesterday. But now it stopped working. When I am trying to see the cookies, I go to the Safari-Preferences-Security but now it is showing that cookies no longer comes up Web Content is the last thing to come up. What it means? Please help me in this case also. And also thanks for the above reply because it works for me. . If he deleted the history then try to check the cache, I think that he will not delete the cache. Try to check that first and hope you will able to find the deleted history over there.

I think that there should be some problem with your browser, I am saying this because I had also tried with the same suggestion and it works for me. So in your case I will suggest you that try to follow the steps again and then report here back that it is working for you or else we should try for giving you other suggestion that How to Recover Deleted Safari History In your Apple Mac OSX. But before this I will suggest you to go for the steps which are given above and I am sure that after trying all the steps carefully this will works for you. For that reason you should need to try the each and every suggestion carefully. Try for that and report us back, if again you are getting the same problem.

This is useful information to all mac users, Before days ago i have lost data from Mac OS X 10.7 Lion due to HFS+ file system corruption then i used a data recovery software to recover files. I have successfully recovered all data. Someone can easily use this cost-effective and safe tool. You can also visit this mac data recovery software features - Kernel Recovery For Macintosh software