Thread: Someone is using my home internet connection

Someone is using my home internet connection

I think that someone is using my home internet connection with the help of some wireless device and it is using more bandwidth. Can you tell me that if there is some way by which I will be able to check this. If you have any idea regarding this then please let me know that. I will be thankful to all the replies.

Re: Someone is using my home internet connection

If you want then you can go to the wireless router site and I am quite sure that it must be within the setup manual. Anyway, if this is the halfway decent router then it must track the entire connected devices. If it doesn't track them then you could make use of MAC address filtering and just permit certain devices onto the wireless. This is the only thing that I can tell you now and I hope that it will be helpful to you. Let’s see if someone can give some advanced solution for this.

You can see the log of sites that have been visited on the router and check if that has any of the sites which is never visited by you.

I would like to tell you that if someone is clued up Mac filtering then it is simple to bypass and the router logs can be cleared as well. If no one else using the wireless devices then you can just turn off the wireless within the router config page as well as change the password for log in to something else that cannot be guessed easily. So these are some precautions that you need to take in order to avoid the issues like this.