Thread: Turning off Google Instant feature

Turning off Google Instant feature

As the title of this particular thread is saying what I wanted to ask over here in this particular thread. I wanted to turn off the Google Instant feature on the browser of mine. sometimes Google Instant feature is putting into the difficult situation by making the wrong predictions. Let me know if you are having any useful information which will help me out to get the requirement of mine. any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Turning off Google Instant feature

If you really don’t wanted to have the result as you are typing on the browser than you have to turn off the Google Instant by simply clicking on the link which available of the search box on any of the search result on the browser windows.

Let me know whether above mentioned page was useful to you or not. if you are not able to resolve the issue of yours than I am suggesting following one which you can try to fix the matter. you have to go for the Preference page by simply click here.
    Here you will have the Do not use the Google Instant.

If there is no change in the situation after using the any of the above mentioned solution than I am suggesting that you should simply click here now you have to bookmark the resulting search page. If you don’t wanted to do the same than you can set the above mentioned page as a home page of yours. once it is getting appear you will be able to add the complete=0 parameter to any of the Google search URL and after doing the above mentioned thing you will be able to disable the Google Instant search feature.

There is a particular solution which you can use Turning off Google Instant feature into the Google Chrome.
    • To resolve the matter you have to use the Omnibox address bar and by suing the same you will be able to disable the instant search feature into the result page.
    • You have to get the Options from the Wrench button, Options and you have to click on the Manage Search Engines.
    • Now you have to select the Google.com search engine's search template from the third column.
    • You should replace the entire search URL template field by putting the following text.
    • http://www.google.com/search?complete=0&q=%s
    • now close the search Engine form.

Which browser do you using? well if your answer is Mozilla Firefox than you have to use the following steps to fix the matter of yours.
    1. You have to get and install the OpenSearch plugin installer on the browser of yours.
    2. Once you have done the same it will give you a drop down on the Firefox Search Bar and you have to click on the Add Google NoInstant on the search bar of the browser of yours.

As far as I know there is another way to turn off the Google Instant feature on the Mozilla Firefox.
    • You have to copy as well as rename the Google.xml OpenSearch template which is available into the Firefox installation folder . where you have to look for searchplugins folder.
    • You have to add following parameter.
    • Code:
      <Param name="complete" value="0"/>
    • Now restart the browser on the system of yours and you have to click on the Search Bar's dropdown button and you will see Google NoInstant and you have to make the same as a defult search provider for you.

Hi friends thanks a lot for the replying with the possible solution over here. I will go through the solutions which you have mentioned over here and let you know about as I have resolved the issue of mine. any I wanted to appreciate the efforts of yours.