Thread: Is there a way to turn off Instant search on Google

Is there a way to turn off Instant search on Google

I cannot disable Google Instant. I have in http://www.google.com/preferences stated that I do not want to use Google instant, but it persists. Even restarting my computer did not change. In my browser, I have just the standard levels for privacy and security. Google Instant is very annoying for me because I use a slow computer. Every time I have to wait very long until Google me Instant weather as an opportunity to give something more to type. It's really a snail's pace.

Re: Is there a way to turn off Instant search on Google

For a couple of days active, its Instant Search Google for everybody, and I'm sure many users "conservatives" do not like this very much because it is a little uncomfortable going to write and automatically seeing the results, although there are many they are happy with this new feature.
    • First must be logged into your Google account and enter any of the services may be the browser. Look on the black bar icon gear-shaped configuration and select the "Search Settings".
    • Once there do a little scroll down and see the "Google Instant" which by default is on. Choose the option "Do Not Use Google Instant" and save the changes.
    • Now when you do a search they will not have this trouble and will return everything to normal.

We have to discover the principle of Google Instant Search, Instant Search Google, and how to enjoy today, even with the Opera browser. But this innovation has not won everyone. Some might find this annoying or unwanted page load regret the loss of the ability to change the number of results or the disappearance of the search box at the bottom of page.

It is noteworthy that not all versions of Google Chrome include this feature, such as a stable version 8 does not include at least the version I have, but if the dev version 10 comes and I feel very good because any time we can do a search and get results in seconds.

For my part, I would turn it off everlastingly. I usually use the "I'm feeling lucky" for countless sites, and I did not need to favorites, and refine my research myself, with my brain , logic and vocabulary, all the things I think should not miss in excess of reasonable and that give me satisfaction in any case so far. One detail: when you disable the Instant Search After entering search terms, they disappear and it returns to the standard input, but empty.

Instant Search Google returns all the time, the method of changing preferences is not working permanently after a logout it returns

The solution I found and applied for the cookies that keep the Google search settings are enabled and the privacy level remains high (refusal of cookies except session):
    • With the page of Google - Searches open set in IE 8 (Tools /) Internet Options / Privacy "Default".
    • In the Google Search Settings disable "Instant Search". Save. The cookie is enrolled.
    • Put in IE 8 Internet Options / Privacy "Advanced" reject cookies and allow only those sessions.
    • Still in Internet Options / Privacy to "Sites" authorize "www.google.com" - domain "google.com" added in the list, with the setting "Always Allow". This creates an exception for Google cookies.
    • Save the new settings with "Apply" or "OK" and close the browser.
    • At the next opening, the setting is maintained desiccative Instant Search and cookies from other sites are not permitted, although Google manages its own unfettered.

Me too try to remove it completely, it makes me crazy that thing for me to tape something completely off topic! It's really bad, they would not do that! However I followed the procedures mentioned in theses threads but none of them help me to get rid of this feature permanently.

How do I disable Google Instant permanently?
    How to Turn Off, Disable Google Instant Search
    How do you turned off Google's Instant feature

You can turn off instant Google. But only if you are logged into their Google account. I'm as good as never logged on Google. What to do? Unfortunately, there is no configuration option. A simple on-off button next to the Google search box would be enough, yes. But because Google has (intentionally?) Not thought of.

But there is one, we call it, "workaround": Projects like Znout use the Google API to obtain them from your search results. Znout itself works just like the old Google: search term into the search box, hit enter look, results.