Thread: Turn off Google Instant with a URL parameter

Turn off Google Instant with a URL parameter

For some time, Google uses the so-called Instant Search. Thus, the search results while you are entering the search term you. In some cases this is less convenient and would you like to disable. Now you can do that via the settings of Google search engine. This is only effective for use in the same browser on the same computer, because this preference is stored in a cookie. Furthermore you have heard about the Google Instant with a URL parameter. This feature is not useful for common people. Only SEO people can get the advantage of it. So I would like to turn this feature off. Does anybody know how?

Re: Turn off Google Instant with a URL parameter

In some cases you directly via the URL may indicate that the Instant Search feature must be turned off. So you can for example via a URL call immediately get a page with 100 results instead of 10. For people who are working with SEO and the position of their website to know, can be very useful. Fortunately, Google offers the ability to Instant Search feature off via a URL parameter. By adding "& as_qdr = all" to the URL of the search results page, you get a page that the instant search is disabled.

I have tried this thing but it didn’t work at all. So I have now deleted all cookies and cache. Let's see when that happens again. Just to clarify: When I turn off the instant function, it actually is, and is also absent for now. But after a few days to weeks (I have no record of it) it turns on again by itself. The default seems to be "active" and goes from my deactivation and lost.

This is with the user-script, of course, a great idea. I would have been problems with the implementation and concerns with the future developments that will witness the search yet. But if there is a practical "work-around" for you, good luck. Here are the similar threads I found about Google instant and turning off it:
    How to Turn Off, Disable Google Instant Search
    How do you turned off Google's Instant feature