Thread: How Do I stop ""google-analytics" tab?

How Do I stop ""google-analytics" tab?

When I click a link to open new webpage, I get this analytics thing opening up--instead of intended link.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Or should I say annoyance.

Re: How Do I stop ""google-analytics" tab?

This can be due to some kind of malware in your system. You must scan your system with Malwarebyte. I faced a similar issue where I was redirected to some sale sites whenever I click on any link. Also check that you are not logged into your account when you are surfing. There are certain redirect code for Google Analytic. If you are configured that then you might need to remove that.

Re: How Do I stop ""google-analytics" tab?

Well, I did a scan and did find a couple of malware bugs pop-up on results. However, it did not solve this issue. I used "Essentials" for a full scan and let it run all night. And I do have "Malware Bites" but now it will not allow me to update it. It claims there is a program error--no address found. But as for google, I also looked into my account (which I didn't want-and now co-oped with youtube) to see if there was a setting that I could adjust. Nada.

I will go read other posting I found here on this topic. I see google wants to collect information on me. But I will put a stop to that, Ha Ha!

Thanks for your feedback. If you hear of something else, let me know.