Thread: My Book Live cloud storage working very slow

My Book Live cloud storage working very slow

Hi, I am using cloud storage from last couple of months but never ever got any such problem ever before, as when I was trying to copy files it was taking too longer through google chrome and while I was about to delete some of the files explorer takes several minutes to identify the file before I get the confirmation to delete.

And when I came to know this could be because of the network jammed but still when I check other services, none of them were running parallel.

Any idea what could be the problem? Needs suggestion.

Re: My Book Live cloud storage working very slow

See there could be too many factors that can affect the data transfer speed. And after all this is the cloud storage that means it is about to happen if we didn’t put bit emphasis at least.

Which router you are using? Because see any 4 ports router can make a huge disparity in data speeds. Then you should try to check whether your router is using perfect standard according to the machine you are using? I mean to say whether it is using 802.11n or B or G? you need to set it according to your machine specifications.

I am using Dell Studio laptop that I used to connect with my Linksys wireless router. So how to identify the standards that we have to use?

you can check your routers specification for knowing the same thing. And I am agree with the above users as you need to make sure about the standard which is supported by your router.

Because for an e.g. if your Router WiFi only supports 802.11G, but your Dell laptop can support 802.11N, then your data transfer will be based only on the slower G. it would not optimize the speed that you are supposed to get.

If you are still having any problem with the data transferring speed then you should check whether your firmware is perfectly ok or not, because corruption in the firmware may also cause the same problem.
    As the extent to I know MyBookLive has been updated to the latest Firmware 01.02.03, thus make sure that you are using the same or not, and if you have the older one then I would like to suggest you to update the firmware first and then see what happens.

When I was having the same problem, at that time I came to know about another threat as well, like sometimes if suppose we are using any antivirus software in our PC so that can slow down access.

Thus if you have installed any, then you should try to test the speed after turning them OFF.

According to me you should try connecting the My Book Live straightly into your laptop via the Ethernet port to test the speed. And as long as you have Gigabit Ethernet, you would get the speed from 44MBs-85MBs. And that’s exclusively rely on the size and length of files you transfer, in other words the bigger the file volume the improved performance you will get.