Thread: How to add CSS in Google Chrome

How to add CSS in Google Chrome

Right now I am using Google chrome for browsing over internet. Browser is fast and works well for me. I need help from everyone who us the Google chrome and know how to do changes in it. Is there any way so I can add the CSS (Cascade style sheet) of my own to control how the web page looks in the browser. So if anyone knows how to add it in chrome then please provide it and I don’t want this for the other web browsers.

Re: How to add CSS in Google Chrome

Yes chrome and many other browsers support cascade style sheet of user and we can add it to the browser to change how page looks in the browser. But like other browsers where you can add the cascade style sheet from the option pane there is no such a way to add the css through option pane in the chrome browser. For adding the css you need to use the command line switch which will help css to get activated and you can edit it. But for doing all this things you need to have the knowledge of using css and the version you are using.

You can add the cascade style sheet do this by using the following steps:
    • Right click on the chrome shortcut on desktop
    • Go to properties
    • Now select shortcut tab
    • Now click on target textbox
    • After the url link of the browser add some spaces on it.
    • After spaces type --enable-user-stylesheet on it
    • Now go to this location Drive :\userprofile\appdata\local\google\chrome\user data\default\user stylesheet
    • Now put your custom css file in this location
    It will work with the borwser

I am using Google chrome nightly in my system. I don’t think it needs --enable-user-stylesheet switch to be enabled . it is already gets enabled in the browser so your task is just add the file the location Drive :\userprofile\appdata\local\google\chrome\user data\default\user stylesheet and edit the custome.css if it exist or add the new one if it doesn’t exist. Niec feature if having the knowledge of editing css files.