Thread: Where Google chrome saves bookmark folder

Where Google chrome saves bookmark folder

Hello friends I am using Google chrome browser in my laptop and from last few days I am facing so many problems with my browser. Whenever I try to play any game at that timer my browser gets crashed and because of that I have decided to reinstall the browser. Before I reinstall the browser I want to know that where I can find the Google chrome book mark folder in my system so I can get back my Google chrome bookmarks after installing it again.

Re: Where Google chrome saves bookmark folder

As you have mentioned in your problem that you are looking to reinstall the Google chrome browser in your laptop and you want to know the exact location of the bookmarks but I would like to tell you that you don’t have to worry about your data because reinstalling the Google chrome will not affect any of your data.

yes reinstalling the google chrome browser will not delete your bookmark files from your system till you delete it manually but it is always advisable to have the back-up of your bookmark folder to secure your all important sites. if you are using windows Xp operating system then you will find the bookmard folder from the C driver and after that you have to open the document and setting folder and then you have to click on the your user profile folder and after that you have to open the local setting folder(It may be hidden). in that folder you will get the app data folder and there you have to click on the Google folder and then select the chrome folder. in chrome folder you will find the bookmarks. in windows vista you have to click on the user folder and after that you have to click on the user profile folder and then follow the same steps according to given for windows XP.

If your browser is crashing while playing games then possibly it is flash player related issue and that is why I will suggest you to instead of reinstalling the browser you should first try to solve this issue by updating the flash player and after updating the flash player try to play your games in your browser again. I this solution will help to solve this issue.

Before reading your reply I thought that it is Google chrome which is causing the problem but after that I have read your solution and after that I have update the flash player and then when I have tried to play the game in Google chrome browser at that time it I was not getting the same problem. Thank you for giving me both the solution. I have also save back up copy of the bookmark folder for future reference. I really appreciate your help.