Thread: Video downloadhelper add-on crashes with Mozilla firefox 6

Video downloadhelper add-on crashes with Mozilla firefox 6

Hello friends I am using Mozilla Firefox browser and I have recently updated my browser and installed Firefox 6.now after that whenever I try to download any videos from the video download helper at the time my browser gets crashed. Now please tell me how to fix this problem. With previous version I was not facing this problem. is this problem is coming because of the new version. if anyone have any solution regarding this then please help me.

Re: Video downloadhelper add-on crashes with Mozilla firefox 6

As you have suggested in your post that you have upgraded your browser from Firefox 5 to Firefox 6 and after doing that you are facing this problem and that is why I think you should first check whether there are any update available for the Video downloadhelper add-on or not. if you find the update then update it and after that you will not face the same problem.

yes I agree with the above reply by updating the add- on you can solve this issue. first you have to click on the orange Firefox button and after that you have to click on the tools. now after clicking on the tools option you have to select the add-ons option. now after clicking on that you have will get add-on window. now after that you will be able to see all your add-on and there you will also get the option for the find updates and you have to click on that. now it will notify you whether updates are available or not after compeleti9ng the search. if it prompts that updates are available then you have to update it.

I was also having the same problem with videos downloadhelper add-on and after and after that I have tried to solve this issue by updating it but after that also I was having the same issue and after that I have removed the add-on completely and then I have installed the add-on again. now after doing that my problem get solved. you should also try this solution.

Thank you so much for helping me and giving me quick replies. After going through your replies I have tried to solve this issue by searching updating the download helper add-on from the add-on setting in Firefox but that idea didn’t helped me to solve this issue. now after that I have also tried to solve this issue by removing the add- on competently from my system and after that installing it again in Mozilla Firefox browser and after that also when I tried to download the video from the website at that time my browser crashed. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this issue.

Are you trying getting this problem while downloading videos from any specific website or you are getting this issue by downloading videos from any site? if you are trying to download the videos from any specific website then try to download it from any other site and after that check whether browser is behaving the same or not.

There are different add-ons also available on the Mozilla add-on page which you can try and after installing the different add-on try to download the video. if that also gives you the same problem then I think there might be something with your browser and I will suggest you that first you should uninstall the browser completely from your computer and after uninstalling the browser you have to restart the system and then you have to also delete all the temporary files from your computer. Now after that you have to download the Firefox 6 installation file by clicking here and after downloading the Firefox 6 files you have to install the Downloadhelper add-on and after that restart the Firefox browser and then try to download the video and check whether you get the same problem or not.

Well I have tried to solve this issue by trying several tricks and after that also I was facing the same problem. Now after that I have removed the browser and then restart the system. Now after that I have installed the browser again and after that I have installed the downlaodhelper add-on also and then problem get solved. thanks for your help.