Thread: Google Chrome Extensions disappearing randomly after restart

Google Chrome Extensions disappearing randomly after restart

From the past several months I have been using the Google Chrome. There were several extensions installed in this. Yesterday I have opened the browser and I found that most of the extensions have disappeared. So I closed the browser and re-opened it. Now not single extension was present there. The bookmarks are there except every one of extensions are missing. What is the reason for this disappearance? Should I need to update the chrome again?

Re: Google Chrome Extensions disappearing randomly after restart

Chrome 5 has been released in final version for Windows but also for MacOS and Linux. This new version comes with many new features, but not necessarily highly visible to the public. Indeed, progress is rather technical and will especially delight of Web developers. Note all the same, this Google Chrome 5 is 30% faster than version 4 for the treatment of Javascript. A true performance since Google Chrome was already very efficient in this area.

Following a recent update to Chrome, it turns out that all the extensions I had installed are gone. After you reinstall, I wondered if there was a way to export its extensions or at least the list of installed extensions on Chrome. With my current setup: Windows 7, Chrome (version 4.0.249.0) I was able to locate them in C: \ Users \ Username \ AppData \ Local \ Google \ Chrome \ User Data \ Default and make a copy, but I'm looking for a solution that would rather me go out a package that I can relocate quickly.

I do not know if you noticed, but in his later versions, Google Chrome includes a service to export its extensions to an online service, and synchronize with another computer. Otherwise here's a little trick, go to Tools> Extensions, it displays all your extensions, you right click "save as" and save the page in html format. You transfer to the new computer and you open the page locally. There's just click on the link to reinstall the extensions one by one

Google Chrome extensions are the same as the Firefox plugins. So speak little mini-applets that can be used to customize the Google Chrome browser and boring. Not visible are the extensions Speed Dial (the home screen of Google Chrome makes prettier) and Facebook Disconnect (disappear Can the Facebook boxes on all websites. What is the other adblock, this is exactly what I facebook blocker).

Presently occurred to me as well. When I reopened the Chrome browser all extensions were gone. Home page key was lost too and had to put in it over again and reset the home page. I did run "clear browser data" within the Chrome Options. I moreover checked "block all 3rd party cookies" prior to clearing the browser cache. I did that for the duration of my assembly of adding up extensions. A moment following the clearing of information I have seen that I wasn't getting any verification notices while I added an extension. It was following concerning 5 tries to install dissimilar extensions that I determined to restart Chrome and it was afterward that I exposed they were all disappeared.

I had a small number of extensions that worked immense for more than a few months; therefore I am considering that one of the latest extensions that I installed previous week was the trouble through the crash. A number of the nearly all new extensions that I installed that might be the offender within the extension freeze or crash.

It seems to me that the problem of using the old extensions in this new version google Chrome browser. For better result, download and install new extensions and see yourself

Yes i also thinking that it could be the issue with the old or outdated extensions which you have installed in this new version of Chrome browser. i think that they are incompatible and so they are disappearing frequently from your browser. I hope that they were working properly in your old version of Google Chrome.if you think that it is not the issue then there is one way to resolve your issue and that is backing up all of your extensions from browser and save as .crx file. Later you can use these extensions any time you want. Just find more about this and you will get to know about it.