Thread: Unable to save favorites in Internet Explorer 9

Unable to save favorites in Internet Explorer 9

Guys I am stuck up in a very strange problem over here. the problem is that I am not able to save the pages that I want it as a favorite. Is it that I have missed out of this feature or is it that this feature is not at all there in the browser, what do you all have to say about this, can you all please tell me about the same, I am waiting for the necessary help from you all on the same and hence I expect you all to reply something about this. since you all must have used thos browser but I have just started to use it and hence I am asking the experienced people first about this issue and hence I am asking you all about the same.

Re: Unable to save favorites in Internet Explorer 9

There is a very simple solution for it. I am amazed that you were not knowing about the Addtofavorites option that can be seen in the menu bar. So you can just check out that. In case if you are knowing about that then let me explain you in my words only. So what I want to say is that follow the steps that I have given here
    1) Go to the tools button and then point it to the toolbar.
    2) Now to view the favorites select favorites bar. That’s it!
    So hope this small suggestion from my side did help you a lot.

Ok then can you tell me how to view the entire favorites list in IE9 easily? So is there a facility of adding any button to add in the IE9 bar, have Microsoft people come up with such kind of features what do you all have to say about it. do share your views about the same with me. I am waiting for the necessary help from you all on the same.

I have got two options for you by which you will be able to view the toolbars and let me start with the simpler one so the first of them all is to open the side window which will get opened up when you start clicking the white star icon that you can find on the right side of the toolbar. Also as an alternative you can alos access the list of favorites by pressing Alt + C on your keyboard. The alternate solution for you is that
    1) Go to the internet explorer and press Alt + V on your keyboard.
    2) Now go to the toolbars and from there select favorites and that’s it.
    There is no other option by which you will be able to make changes at all with any other methods. So that’s what I am saying here.

Don’t you know about the Ctrl-d shortcuts and also the Alt-z from your keyboard I think that will be the most effective method for you in this situation, so better give a try for this one as well. These shortcuts can be applied to view the favorites bar in the menu.

Well I did try with the suggestion that you have given here but the problem is that favorites which were there in the menu bar was working as the pull down menu and now it appears to be faded. Well I am not having any problems with the other menus in the toolbar, don’t know what’s the problem with the favorites. So suggest me something about the same. Please do let me know if there is some other solution that I should give a try for the same over here. I am waiting for the necessary help from you all on the same. guys and also one more thing if possible do reply as fast as possible.

Yes In fact if you will not believe that in spite of the 3 – 4 months of the release of the browser I cannot find any fixes for the problem at all, so that’s the main issue that I want to highlight to you. no updates yet for the IE9. Don’t know what should be done here. Hence that’s the reason I always prefer firefox 4 instead of the IE9 like all the Microsoft browsers this one also is of no use at all,. so that’s what I want to say it to you all. hope you will do look at the same and let me know if there is any fix developed for the issue. there is no use sending mails to the developers about this issue they atre not at all thinking about the issue, well I have tried many a times and the response is not at all encouraging. So I don’t try that option at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mart^Iineau View Post
    Well I did try with the suggestion that you have given here but the problem is that favorites which were there in the menu bar was working as the pull down menu and now it appears to be faded. Well I am not having any problems with the other menus in the toolbar, don’t know what’s the problem with the favorites. So suggest me something about the same. Please do let me know if there is some other solution that I should give a try for the same over here. I am waiting for the necessary help from you all on the same. guys and also one more thing if possible do reply as fast as possible.
    Try making a spate folder of the same and add all the favorites in that folder I think that will eb a effective solution for you to try with. save the favorites and place it in that folder and access it whenever you want. So I hope you are understanding what I am trying to say here. so watch outfor the same.