Thread: Chrome unable to retrieve last session in MAC OS X 10.6.4

Chrome unable to retrieve last session in MAC OS X 10.6.4

I am having Mac system at my home and I am having MAC OS X 10.6.4 on the machine. I use google chrome as my default web browser. I like to surf a lot. Sometimes I work with multiple pages open and with multiple tabs. And many a times accidentally the browser gets closed and I lose all my work. So I try to restore the last session by opening the browser again but I cannot restore the last session on my mac os. I want to tell that “Reopen the pages that were open last” is not working. I have tried installing the session manager extension but nothing happened. Now I don’t know what to do? Any suggestions regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Chrome unable to retrieve last session in MAC OS X 10.6.4

Let me tell you that google chrome works differently on different operating systems. This is a standard behavior of google chrome in mac operating system. If you accidentally close a window then you can restore the last session. For that you must go to the history menu and find the first item under recently closed heading. Then open that sub-menu and choose "Restore all tabs” option. I hope this helps.

I would suggest you to once check the preference settings option of google chrome. Make certain changes and try again. After you make changes refresh and restart the google chrome on your mac system. Which chrome are you having? You can also uninstall the google chrome and install the latest google chrome for your mac.

Try to set the google chrome browser as default web browser first and then check the settings available on the chrome. If you want to set the google chrome as default then I think you should use Google Chrome’s default settings. For this kindly follow the following steps.
    • Click the Tools menu.
    • Select Options.
    • Click the Under the Hood tab.
    • Click the Reset to defaults button.
    • In the confirmation dialog box, verify your selection by clicking the Reset to defaults button.
    • Click the Close button.

Whenever I am using Google chrome on my mac system i am having some issues regarding the browser. When I am working using chrome with multiple tabs on I have noticed that if the browser is accidently closed all the tabs and the browser is lost. I lose all my work. It doesn’t give any notification or warning and I am also not able to restore the last working session. So now I am planning to use safari browser or internet explorer.

Well actually I have the same issue with me. I can't find the reopen tabs from last session. I am not able to retrieve the last session. I am using Safari 4 currently and I clicked on that book icon present on the left of the address panel. But I can’t see anything. My friend told me that there is history option in the top menu but I couldn’t find it.