Thread: Opera 11.50 mail needs some modifications

Opera 11.50 mail needs some modifications

Guys I have started this thread. To inform you all that I am not at all happy with the mailing system that are there in the new version of opera mail. Well seriously speaking I am not at all happy with it. there are some features that I did not like at all. if I want to download an email then instead of saving it in the default location i.e. C: it gets saved it in the particular folder. I don’t know what’s the issue with that. Sounds strange to me and also one more thing that I would like to notify you all and that is when I have to read a particular email then it gets saved in the draft only. Well that’s a very sad idea simply because I will have to go through each and every draft before reading the mails. Also while deleting some of the mails I will have to go through each and every draft and then only I can delete it. so that’s what I am saying here. anyways what do you all have to say about that can you all please tell me.

Re: Opera 11.50 mail needs some modifications

I am not understanding what you are talking here. Well what do you mean by the downloading of the emails are you trying to save a particular page or are you trying to download an attachment? If that si the case then it will allow you to install it in the system drive by default I mean the place where it has got installed. So if you have installed the opera in the c: then the opera mail folder will also be created In the C: only. So I hope you did understand what I am saying here. Also if you want some other location for the mail boxes then what I would advise you is that install the opera in that location and the mails will also be saved in that location only, so that’s what I am saying here. do have a look at the same and let me know if that is of any use for you.

Are you talking about the double clicking of the mails and then opening it? is that you are talking about then let me tell you that it will get saved in the draft format and nothing else. So that’s what I am saying here. what you are doing is that you are opening in the edit mode and hence you are creating a draft for that and hence the mail we be saved in that format. So that’s what I am saying here. hope you did have a good look at the same. now in order to open the mail what you have to do is set the view mode to "list only". The mails will open quite perfectly that’s what I think would be the ideal suggestion for you. so that’s it from my side for you all.

You don’t know there is a benefit for the saving of the files in the different locations other than c: well let me give you some good explanation about that, ok so what I am saying here is that after having a thorough look at different behaviors. What I can say is that people do tend to bring some external hard drives for increasing the storage capacity. So what can be done with the opera is that all the mails can be stored in the location of external hard drive and that will do the trick. So no need of using the c: drive location for that. So hope you are understanding what I am saying here.

I absolutely agree with you. well what I think is that this saving feature of the mails is a great thing observed by the developers of the opera. Well why I am saying that is because I have my emails downloaded from a server. I am having a email server. emails that are downloaded from the server they are deleted. And then directly it gets saved to the hard drive. I wipe out my c: every week and also restore it as well. So for me saving the mails in the different locations except the c: is a good thing. I hope many of them will agree with me over here.

In fact you know guys opera can be a useful thing for your data even if it gets lost you will be able to keep a backtrack of that and then restore it as soon as possible, that’s what I feel.

Dude can you please give us brief information about that. On how to do that well I think it would certainly be a great idea to get started with. I am sure that it will be informative for all of us over here, so that’s what I am asking here. I am sure you have given us this idea you also will be aware of the methods to perform it. so can you please explain me some steps on how to do it and what to do? Please do let us know as quickly as possible. I am waiting for the help guys.

The method is very much simple dude. See what you have to do is get an encrypted drive in one of the heard drives and then start with the installation process of the opera now what will be the benefit of that is it will be storing all the data in the installation folder of opera. So say if your device gets lost then all your data will be stored in that hard disk which has the encrypted information and also that will keep the data safe unless and until you put up the password nobody will be able to access the browsing information as well as access the history of the web pages.