Thread: Getting HTTP Status Code 403 while downloading content

Getting HTTP Status Code 403 while downloading content

This is the first time I am getting this problem. It says that A Server Error has occurred and also shows me the HTTP Status Code: 403. I am getting this error if I try to download the 2nd COD Black Ops Content. There is no problem if I try to download any of the other things. Can somebody tell me that what is the proble3m with this and how it can be avoided?

Re: Getting HTTP Status Code 403 while downloading content

If you are getting the 403 error then there is lone best thing that you can do and that is to go to the Download List that you can get on Account Management> Transaction Management. You will have to click on the content that you wish to redownload. Do this and I am quite sure that this will work for you. If you are having any further problem with this then please let me know that. I will be happy to help you.

The Web server (running Web site) considers that the HTTP data stream sent through the client (e.g. your Web browser otherwise the CheckUpDown robot) was exact other than this the access to resource identified through the URL is forbidden intended for some reason. This signifies that this is a fundamental access difficulty that may be hard to resolve since the HTTP protocol permits the Web server to provide this response devoid of giving any reason at all. Therefore the 403 error is equal to a blanket 'NO' through the Web server.

The most common reason for this problem is that the directory browsing is forbidden for the Web site. There are a lot of websites that needs you to navigate through the URLs within the Web pages for that site. They simply not permit you to access file directory structure of their site.

It is probable that there must be a few contents within the directory but there is not any there yet. For example if the ISP provides a 'Home Page' then you require to present a few content - generally HTML files intended for the Home Page directory which your ISP allocates to you. In anticipation that the content is there, anyone attempting to access the Home Page might encounter the 403 error. The answer is uploading the missing content openly otherwise by giving it to the ISP. Once content is inside the directory, it too required to be authorized for public access through Internet. Your ISP must do this as a matter of course.