Thread: Gmail Preview pane not working in Opera

Gmail Preview pane not working in Opera

I have some problem with the Gmail preview pane. I am using Opera internet browser on the Linux. So the problem is that I can’t able to see the preview pane while using vertical split in opera but I want to notify that the horizontal spit doesn’t cause any problem to the Gmail preview and can able to see the preview of Gmail. So does anyone facing same problem with the opera for Gmail Preview pane.

re: Gmail Preview pane not working in Opera

I have also facing the same problem regarding the Gmail preview pane on the opera browser which is installed in the windows xp. This feature is newer one and can have some bugs and issues with it. Like some layout problem or some scripting problems. Since this is the feature introduced through the lab. So wait for the updates to it. Also I want to mention that the Gmail preview pane works perfectly for the Firefox and internet explorer.

I don’t have any issue with the Gmail preview pane in the Opera. I can able to use it on the horizontal as well as on the vertical view. I have faced the problem when using it for the first time so I have decided to create the new opera profile and this actually helped me.
    Follow the below steps to create the opera profiles
    • Go to the directory where Opera is installed
    • SO if you have installed in the default location then it will be available at the Windows Drive :\Program Files
    • Now find the Opera Folder
    • Create the backup copy of the Opera directory and give any name like Opera new since we have to use this only.
    • Now go in the Opera New which was created now itself and in it click on the Opera.exe file.
    • And now try to use the Gmail Preview pane it will work in horizontal and vertical also
    So if this works then the problem is with the opera profile itself.

I don’t have any idea about the Gmail preview pane which one you are using right now from the labs.
    Try to use the Preview Pane which was developed by Peter B and Michael K. it was nice one. To get this one you can visit the labs but need to be login in the Gmail to get access. After you find it click on it. And select the Enable option and save the settings.
    This pane is working for me on opera version 11.50 and I am using windows 7 as my operating system.

I don’t know actually why many of the people facing the problem with the Gmail preview pane in opera.
    I have css script which you can try to apply will help you to resolve the problem.
    • Open the text editor and create the file with the any name and save it with the file name.css extension.
    • Now open the file which you have created and copy the css script which I have given
    • @charset "utf-8";
    div.no
    {
    float: none !important;
    }
    • Now create folder for keeping CSS file
    • Store the file in the folder which you have created
    • Now go to the login page of the gmail.
    • Right click on it
    • Select edit site preference
    In display inside the My style sheet select the option CSS file and locat your file
    Click ok
    Now see the layout will work perfectly.

I want to ask that which version of the opera causing this problem. Since I am also using the opera but don’t have any issue while using the Gmail preview pane in it. Right now I am using the Opera version 11.51. So if you have any older versions remove it and install the latest one since Gmail preview pane is working on it.