Thread: URL Filtering to Global for Specific websites

URL Filtering to Global for Specific websites

I have number of machines in my workplace and I want to block particular websites such as facebook, orkut, and ebay in my all machine I heard about the URL Filtering under the groups, but it does not specific the site that are being defined is there any programs or software available to block particular websites.??

Re: URL Filtering to Global for Specific websites

there is another way to block particular sites what you can do is. First Set your restrictions globally so that every will gets blocked. form a new group, move the important computers in that group, then open Client Privileges and enable the checkbox under URL Filtering to "Will show a link that allows users to continue browsing a particular restricted URL until the computer is restarted. Warnings will still show on other restricted URLs." All machines will get initially but they will see a pop ups saying” I understand the risks and I want to continue browsing” and will get access on clicking on that pop ups

for filtering website you can use SiteSURV software by CyberPatrol. SiteSURV basically saves time of installation and maintenance and as it is web-based, you can manage all the work from a remote PC which has Internet connection.

go to run from your start menu type: notepad C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and below it will say 127.0.0.1 and next to it local host click it from your mouse at the end of local host and hit enter two times so are to rows down from 127.0.01. Then type:

127.0.0.1 www.sitename.com
    127.0.0.1 http://sitename.com
    127.0.0.1 http://sitename.com

after writing the website name save it and then when you will visit the site will be unavailable and should not be and if you want to access that site again you have to just delete that three line from the notepad.

You can also to block it with your firewall. Some firewall are free Such as SYgate and Norton Personal Firewall and many tech people use Free Zone Alarm firewall which can block particular website.