Thread: Unable to update Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:8.0a2)

Unable to update Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:8.0a2)

Hi friends! I recently have the problem here. I just had this Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:8.0a2). I could not have a hold on me and I went for the manual update I took the back of my profile and made the change in the profile from Mozilla to Mozillaxe. Then I unzipped the download and generated a new folder for it which I had deleted after having closed Aurora. Then I again renamed it and the n reopened Aurora FF. a check for the add on was performed and was able to identify all .The FF opened with a an exception of “cookies permission” . Add ons are seemingly working well but the Bookmark Toolbar is blank. The search bar is not working at all. I unchecked the”customize” option and tried several other option but that doesn’t seem to be working well for me. Any help??

Re: Unable to update Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:8.0a2)

This is supposedly due to the creation of new profile as far as my case is concerned I never have experienced such a case though people keep complaining about the strange behavior I think every time I go for an installation of a new update I try avoiding glitches. You must have similar check without creating the new profile.

you can try it with creation of a new profile check if this solves your problem.

Thanks for the reply but I already have done it with a new profile but it didn’t help me at all. I have spent many hours setting a brand new profile but that didn’t help. Prior to this I have used a profile for FF 7. That was dated back to 2007. I suppose that when v8 is officially merged with Aurora it will be a better experience.

I don’t have faced such an issue so far as that you have faced even if I have checked it your way. Everything is working well. Although I have came across the situation where my Google map was crashed twice but I guess that is the problem with the video drivers or HWA.

Well may be you have some difference to setting up the profile I have so doubt on it . I mean to say that how you set up your FF8 had you updated from 7 to 8 have you started with anew profile. What version have you used was it .zip or .exe. If you tell me the detail of the way you have configured it. That will be helpful for me to configure.

I would like to know here that why didn’t you backed up your profile and downloaded the .exe file and let it get installed? In my opinion you have made a simple procedure to a rather complex one.
    Which is prone to breakage as you have faced?

I can’t figure out that what is rather simple process in your terms maybe you are talking about the exe file in fact I used a backed up version of the new profile I created.
    You are seemingly saying that there's dissimilarity amid the zip and the .exe files. I've used a zipped file of FF since the browser then was Phoenix (2002?), and I can't bear in mind encountering an concern that was zip linked. However that might be due to using it first time.