Thread: Firefox 6 won't open and giving crash report every time

Firefox 6 won't open and giving crash report every time

Hi, I am using Firefox 6 in my machine running windows 7 but the thing is like whenever I tried to open a new a Firefox I get a crash report and as I am not that professional about the computer facts thus I am not getting what they report are showing. So is it the problem because of the operating system that I am using the because this is not the only software that has a problem but I often have to make some more effort while dealing with a new software, any suggestion, how can make use of this?

Re: Firefox 6 won't open and giving crash report every time

No I don’t think that you are having problem with the operating system, yeah it might be possible that your OS would be corrupted somehow because I also uses the same browser with my windows 7 without any hesitation, thus according to me you should try to get the another copy of the same setup file and if possible get it from another source, I mean to say don’t download the copy from the location from where you have downloaded it earlier and then try to install it and see what happens and after all we can simply assume here as this is just because of some problem in your PC only because if there would be some problem with the Firefox then it couldn’t even install in the machine. but as it is installed properly means there is some another problem.

have you updated the Firefox with the older version or you have installed whole software again? Because though I am not sure but I have heard that there is some problem with the separate software but still you should try to get the update from the browser itself and see what happens next.

See according to me If Firefox 5.0 working fine in your machine then just keep that one only because the thing is like newer doesn't often mean better. In fact I have already tried the one and it didn’t find that much difference.

I was also having this problem when I had tried to install the browser but after such a huge effort I came to know that this was actually because of the viruses which were presented in my PC, thus I have just install a antivirus first and then tried to install the same thing so after cleaning the viruses it was installed perfectly and till the date it is not giving me any problem, thus I hope what you have to do first, just make sure that there isn’t any virus in your machine and if there is so first of all clean them.

If you are still having the problem then I think as mentioned by the above user you should try to make use of the older version rather you can have option to get another browser as there are too many from which you can choose for yourself, and if you are keen to know about the newer product, I would say there isn’t any more difference in the newer version, rather some of the graphics are change and made some changes with the font, nothing more than that.

I was also having the same problem once and I came to know that it was because of the plugging that I was using previously, thus I have done thing, thus I would recommend you the same to follow the mentioned.

First of all you need to open the directory where you have installed the program, see the default directory world be c:\program files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\

After opening the directory you find a folder called plugins that you have to rename as plugins.old.

It recreated the Plugging folder and I have reinstalled the plugging as well since I've been provoked to install.

Thanks for the comment you have made I appreciate it, and really it works fine after renaming the folder, but still there should be some installing procedure they should provide, isn’t it?