Thread: Where can i get Firefox 6 alpha 64 bit for windows 7?

Where can i get Firefox 6 alpha 64 bit for windows 7?

Hi, I am using firefox 5 in my PC and the thing that I have noticed that a newer version is available but I don’t know from where can I get it? and let me tell you that I am using windows 7 64 bit in my machine so is it necessary to have the browser which is compatible with 64bit? And if so then from where can I get such a software from the internet? because they haven’t mentioned anything more about the product as will it be compatible with the widow 7 or not. Ok thanks for any suggestion.

Re: Where can i get Firefox 6 alpha 64 bit for windows 7?

See as far as windows 7 is concern I would say it might be possible that you have to have the 64bit software for the machine but still have you ever tried to download the one which is mentioned on their website? If not then you should at least try to get that so you can figure out whether there is any problem with the browser or will it work perfectly, because see if it is working nicely then there isn’t any need of the one you are expecting obviously.

according to me currently the 64 bit development version is merely obtainable on the nightly update channel and not on the Aurora update channel which is currently set to Firefox 6 alpha. Thus I don’t think that you’ll get the same you’re looking for.

I am running the firefox 6 in my machine without any hesitation though I have 64 bit version of operating system, the thing that you have to do is like,

First of all as you are using the older version so the browser will surely prompt for the software update to the firefox 6

When the screen appears you’ll have two options as “ask me later” and “update firefox”, so you have to click on the second one.

As you click on that the browser will automatically download the software from the internet and obviously it would be installed, and will prompt you for restarting the browser, so just make a reboot once.

As far as I know it is still under construction and will be available soon, I am not sure about the exact date but still if you want to have information regarding that you can simply go through their respective website. I always do the same thing so that I can have the proper idea about the newer product, and obviously they are quite efficient to provide such information.

I am agree with the above user as if we download the separate copy of the browser and if we try to install it in the PC running windows 7 it will give you the error for sure, don’t whether It is error or the unresolved bug, but we update the software through the browser it works perfectly, thus I hope you understand what you have to do.