Thread: Does Firefox 6 allow Norton 360 to auto fill passwords ?

Does Firefox 6 allow Norton 360 to auto fill passwords ?

Hi, I am using firefox 4 in my machine and along with that I am use to use Norton 360 antivirus for protecting and cleaning the viruses from the PC, but whenever I access its respective website the firefox 4 doesn’t allow me to remember the username and the password for the site, so does the newer version will allow me save such a password, because the information I have gotten from themselves is quite difficult to remember and enter each and every time I entered in the website, any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Does Firefox 6 allow Norton 360 to auto fill passwords ?

See it might be possible that you must be having older version of Norton 360 thus according to me you should try to use another one and there is an modernized version of Norton 360 obtainable that is well-suited with Firefox 4, 5, and 6 as well. So you’ll get that facility for sure for remembering the password.

I am agree with the above user as you need to have Firefox 6.0 Compatibility Patch installed in the machine in order to get the functionality that you are expecting from the browser.

For getting the update you need to merely run LiveUpdate from the Main UI of your Norton 360 Product. And off course a reboot will be necessary subsequent to the update has been applied.

And there are certain steps that you can follow if you are not capable of getting the patch;

• First of all you need to run LiveUpdate constantly until it informs you that there are no updates available.
    • After that you have to reboot your PC, and then run LiveUpdate again so the update may have already been applied by Automatic LiveUpdate. And for ensuring that you have to check the Norton Update Center.

I am not getting about what you are talking about because remembering the password is the ability of the browser, so it might be possible that you may not get in the firefox 4 but above version has this facility for sure. You need to just click on the option when it is been prompted for remembering the password, and after doing that whenever you access the website you’ll be redirected to your account directly, and you won’t have to neither remember the password nor enter it often.

Thanks! I think I'll wait a moment prior to upgrade to Firefox 6, however though the given suggestion work or not but still I appreciate the assistance.