Thread: Cannot install Firefox 6 because of AVG security

Cannot install Firefox 6 because of AVG security

In my Dell laptop I am using AVG antivirus because most of the time I use internet In my laptop. In my laptop I was using Mozilla Firefox 5 and I came to know that Firefox 6.0 is available so I downloaded Firefox to 6.0 but I was not able to proceed the installation because of the AVG in my laptop. Now please tell me what should I do solve this. Before that when I have installed Firefox 5 and 4 but at that time I didn’t get any issue. Now please tell me how to fix this issue. I don’t want to uninstall AVG from my laptop.

Re: Cannot install Firefox 6 because of AVG security

Well according to me you should first check whether your firewall is not blocking the installation. Sometimes our firewall detects some .exe files as infected files and that is why they block it. Go to the firewall setting and make sure that firewall is not blocking this process.

Have you downloaded Mozilla Firefox installation from the Official website of the Mozilla or you have downloaded the installation file from any third party website? If you have downloaded it from any third party website then I will suggest you to download the Mozilla Firefox 6.0 from its official website and after that try to install it in your laptop and then check whether you are getting the same problem or not. if you face the same problem after that then let me know.

If you want to download the Mozilla Firefox browser from the official website of the Mozilla then you have to click here DOWNLOAD. After clicking on it you have to download the installation files and after that you have to install it in your computer and after that you will be able to use the Firefox 6 in your laptop.

Thank you so much for helping me and solving my problem. After going through your post I have downloaded Mozilla Firefox 6.0 installation file from the link which you have provided and after that I installed it in my computer and at that time I didn’t get any problem. Now after installing the Mozilla Firefox 6.0 I cannot use AVG safe search with Firefox. Please give me some solution regarding this.

I am aware of this issue and In my system also I amusing AVG antivirus and facing the similar problem. I have tried to search the solution but after spending so many times on the internet also I didn’t get any help. Now after that I took help from the AVG support and they told me very soon add on update will be available and I have to wait for it. I hope this information will be helpful for you.