Thread: Cannot load bookmarked site with Firefox 6

Cannot load bookmarked site with Firefox 6

In my laptop I was using Mozilla Firefox 5 version and some days before I have upgraded my Firefox browser with Firefox 6 and after installing that I cannot open my bookmarked site which I have bookmarked in old version. I have tried several ideas to solve this but I am not able to solve this problem. if anyone facing the same problem and having solution then please help me to solve this issue.

Re: Cannot load bookmarked site with Firefox 6

Well first of all you have to check that you are facing this issue with all bookmarked sites in your browser or you are facing this problem with any particular bookmarked site. If you are facing this issue with any particular bookmarked site then I will suggest you to copy the URL of that site and after that paste it in your address bar and after that you have to open that site. Now delete it from the bookmarks and after that you have to right click on the website page and after that you will see the bookmark option and after that bookmark it again. Now after that restart the browser and try to open it from the bookmark menu and after that check whether your browser is loading that or not? if you are facing the same problem with all the bookmarked site that means something went wrong during synchronization process. Normally when you install any new version of Firefox at that time it will synchronize all the bookmarks with old version but sometime because of corrupted files it can creates this type of issue. if you have any backup of your bookmarks in other browsers like internet explorer or opera then you can import it by clicking on import from file menu in Firefox.

There was similar problem in my computer after installing Firefox 6 in my computer and after that I have tried to solve this issue by reinstalling the browser but that doesn’t helped me. my bookmarked folder was also deleted from my Mozilla folder and after that I have solved this issue by doing the system restore. I think you should try the same solution.

In my system I have noticed that some of the bookmarked site is loading properly and then I have read your post and I have checked my firewall setting and I have noticed that my firewall was blocking the sites and after that I have reset my firewall setting and after resetting it when I tried to load the bookmarked sites at that time it open properly. Thank you for helping me and giving me solutions. I really appreciate your help.