Thread: Getting security certificate message with Mozilla Firefox 6 on windows Vista

Getting security certificate message with Mozilla Firefox 6 on windows Vista

Hello I have installed the windows vista operating system on mine system and everything on the system working fine without any issue and recently I have installed the Mozilla firefox 6 web browsers on mine system. I have installed the Mozilla firefox 6 without any issue but after when I tried to open the any website I get the https security certificate problem with the site name. I have tried the lots of solution to get ride the issue but nothing helped me to solve the issue. now I don’t what to do and how to get ride the issue. Can anyone suggest on this issue and so that I can solve mine issue.

Re: Getting security certificate message with Mozilla Firefox 6 on windows Vista

Try to remove the all cookies and caches from the Mozilla firefox 6 web browser and after that let me know the issue. To remove the caches you need to go through the below steps: first launch the Firefox and after that go to the tools option on the menu and after that select the options. Now on the options go to the advance tab and under that make click on the network. Now on the network go to the offline storage (caches) and after that make click on the clear now. Now once you done this and after that you completely cleared the cookies. Now to remove the all cookies you need to go through the below steps: as above same way open the options on the tools menu and after that click on the privacy and make click on the shows cookies. Now you will get the all cookies on your Firefox and then delete the cookies one by one. Once you finish the both the steps and after that restart the Mozilla Firefox and after that go through your issue.

Re: Getting security certificate message with Mozilla Firefox 6 on windows Vista

By default, Firefox 6 will manually employ the offline mode if no network connection. Beneath certain conditions, after resetting the connection can stay in the offline mode without user's information. Firefox 5 avoids these actions by default. To stay away from this behavior in versions 6 of Firefox, add an entry in the about: config as, as follows.
    1. Launch the Firefox and after that about:config in location bar
    2. Now make right click on the about:config page and after that click on the new and then choose the Boolean.
    3. Now on the new Boolean windows add Name: network.manage-offline-status. Value: false and after that click on the ok button.

Make certain your firewall program is configured to permit internet right to use to Firefox / Mozilla Suite. The windows firewall configuration information contains several of the most admired firewall programs. Nearly all firewalls will request you to permit a new program to connect to the Internet, it is essential to constantly allow access to the Mozilla appliance new or updated. Even if you see permission in the list of firewall programs allow, could be the older version, as firewalls require permission for an updated program to access the Internet

In addition other than personal firewalls, additional security programs like Norton or Symantec Antivirus also block the internet access or loose in internet connection and this will happen when you updated the web browser. Now days most of the antivirus will have function web scanning and which causing your issue and so therefore I would like to suggest you to make disable the web scanning on your antivirus or you can also disable antivirus while using the internet.

Try to flush the DNS caches and after that go through your issue. to do this you need to go through the below steps: first open the command prompt and under that you need to type the below command and after that press enter.
    ipconfig /flushdns
    Now once you done and after that let me know the issue.

First of all I would like to suggest you to make sure that your connection setting are proper. If your using the internet explore just check the setting connection of the internet explorer and compare with the your Firefox 6. If you’re connection setting are not proper then I would like to suggest you to make change on the setting and after that your bale to solve the issue. First of all make sure you don’t have use program like Hide IP Platinum and if you’re using like this program and this will automatically change the connection setting. Just go through the Firefox folder where you installed the location and under that locate to the profile folder and look for a user.js file. If you get the user.js file just delete that file and after that rest the connection by comparing the working internet explorer setting.

Try to uninstall the Firefox and after that install it again. To uninstall the firefox go to the start and after that make click on the control panel. Now on the control panel go to the add/remove program and under that make click on the firefox and after that uninstall it. Now once you finish the uninstalling and after that reboot the system and then install the Firefox again.