Thread: Where to view the BuildID of FireFox 6?

Where to view the BuildID of FireFox 6?

Guys I know I am asking a silly question with you all but seriously I don’t know where will I be able to get the buildid for the FF6. In the previous version that I was using i.e. the FF 3.6 all the information was displayed in the About Firefox section and now when I went ahead and had a check about the same in the that section only then I did not get any information on it, so that’s what I am saying here. now can you all please tell me as if where else will I be able to view the buildid, any information on it then do let me know about the same. I am waiting for the reply guys.

Re: Where to view the BuildID of FireFox 6?

Check it out I nthe troubleshooting information and you will get all the information there only, so go and check it out there only. So that’s what you need to do there, I don’t know under which section it fells but surely I have heard from one of my firned that all its information is being displayed in the troubleshooting information section and hence check it out from there only. Hope that was helpful for you, so go ahead dude and have a check about the same and I am sure you will get all the information there only. Do let me know if you did end up getting some information there only.

Yes the above person is quite correct, you will get in to that section. Let me specify you the exactlocation of the destination, so what you have to do is run the following command browser.startup.homepage_override.buildID in the url and you will get all the updated information of the buildid. Yes you were quite correct that all the information about the broswer used to be displayed in the about section now they have changed well the reasons are bets known for the developers only. Surely I don’t know about it.

Nice to see a good amount of discussion happening over here. well what I want to say is that at the top near the url bar there is a feed icon I suppose. I want to get rid out of it. so how to get rid out of it, can you all tell me. I don’t know any exact method by which I will be able to do that and hence I am asking you all about the same. so do reply accordingly over here. I am waiting for the necessary reply from you all on the same. so any of you all did end up getting up some solutions for it then do reply guys.

Reseting toolbar or customizing it seems to be a better option for you from my side. So do watch out for that and I am quite sure that you will be able to get rid of it as it is a beta version understanding the browser will definitely take some time for all of us and hence accordingly we will suggest solutions for the same. so that’s what I am thinking here. well another thing that I want to say here is that you can also try and create a new profile and then check out if that works out or not, do let me know if this suggestion from my side did help you or not.

Yes there is a simple method for that, what I would like to suggest you is that follow the steps that I am giving you here.
    1) Go to the options and then toolbar layout.
    2) Now go to the view option and from there toolbars and then customize option.
    3) There you will get to see the restore default option, just check it.
    So hope that suggestion was helpful for you. I hope that works for you.