Thread: How to decrease Memory Consumption on Firefox Aurora 7.0a2

How to decrease Memory Consumption on Firefox Aurora 7.0a2

Hello I am first time posting this forums and I need to know some of the useful information on the Memory Consumption on Firefox Aurora 7.0a2 web browser. I have installed the Firefox Aurora 7.0a2 web browser last I have just tracked the memory consumption of the browser the below is the memory consumption of the Firefox aurora 7.0a2
    Time: 12:43 PM IST
    Memory Consumption: 277.425 MB (Open tabs: 7, Open Media popups: 1)

Now I need to known is this normal memory consumption and I have also need to know How to decrease Memory Consumption on Firefox Aurora 7.0a2, can anyone help on this issue and so that I can solve mine issue.

Re: How to decrease Memory Consumption on Firefox Aurora 7.0a2

Do the below steps and after that let me know the issue. To do this first launch the Firefox Aurora 7.0a2 and after that type about:config and after that click on the enter. Now make click on the I’ll be careful, I promise!" button. Now you will get the windows and under that locate to the below entries:
    browser.sessionhistory.max_entries
    Once you locate this and after that make double click on that and after that make this entry value 50 and change it to something lower, 5 should be good.

If you have lots download history then your memory consumption and so I would like to suggest like to suggest you to clear Firefox download history and after that let me know the issue. to do this open the Firefox and after that click on the tools on menu and then choose the options. Now on the options make click on the Privacy and under that remove or clear the all download history and then restart that system.

Plug-in, Extensions and themes can cause to the lots consumptions and so therefore I would like to suggest you to make disable or start the Firefox on the safe mode. By starting the web browser on the safe mode you can reduce the memory consumption and to start the Firefox browser on the safe mode you need to go through the following steps: first make click on the start icon on the desktop and after that click on the run. Now on the run type: firefox -safe-mode and after that click on the ok button. Now once you start the browser on the safe mode and after that let me know the issue.

I think you have not updated the Firefox and so therefore I would like to recommend you to make uninstall earlier version and after that install the new one. To do this makes click on the start icon on the desktop and after that click on the control panel. Now on the control panel make click on the add/remove program and after that click on Firefox 5.0 and after that select the uninstall. Now once you uninstall the Firefox and after that install the new Firefox 6.0 on your system and then install the add-ons that you want.