Thread: Firefox 3.6 cookies not working in fresh Firefox 6 beta

Firefox 3.6 cookies not working in fresh Firefox 6 beta

Hello I have installed the windows XP operating system on mine system and I have also installed the Firefox 3.6.x web browser. Everything on the system working fine without any issue and last night I have decided to updated the Firefox 3.6.x to latest version and so therefore I have taken the backup of all cookies file that is cookies.sqlite file and after that fresh installation my Firefox 6 won’t show any backup cookies and now I don’t how to use the earlier cookies of the can anyone suggest on this issue and so that I can solve mine issue.

Re: Firefox 3.6 cookies not working in fresh Firefox 6 beta

I think, but I have to retrieve the cookies. Without them, I'll have to go through a week of work to get all those things again the hard way manually go to every site I regularly visit at least once a week to get all the settings and login installation again. Not an option in my opinion. There was nothing wrong with the file before Firefox and documents say that simply copying the file, why is not working; now what have to do recover the old cookies file.

The installation of Firefox 6 has been converted the file into new format file in SQLite (I think) I hope you still have your backup. If so, I would like to reinstall 3.6 and put a duplicate of the cookie files reverse on your profile before you start Firefox for the first time. If all cookies are there, then save a copy of your entire profile just to be safe and then install six more than 3.6 and the installer must convert SQLite files that need converting. Good luck!

If I understand you have to uninstall Firefox 6 beta, install version 3.6.x. Open so that the profile is created and after that copy the cookies.sqlite file in the profile. Then uninstall 3.6.x, but leave the newly created profile with my old profiles in the cookie file itself. Then install Firefox 6 beta for coats cookies for the new format. Just want to make sure that when you return home after the weekend I can start working for all my devices can be synchronized.

I lost all my cookies when I upgraded from 3.6 to 4.0. It's possible that migrating cookies from 3.6 is simply broken. You can try exporting your cookies from 3.6 with Cookies Manager+, or the combination of Cookie Exporter and Cookie Importer.

phool0067 Guest

Yes, it might be the reason according to the first user, said. But I think it might some other reason, if the virus might attack your system then it will show effects of it in some other part of the system too. Just unplug your external hard disk form your main system. In that you can see a reset hole which is been located near the USB connecting mode. Just take a needle or a safety pin, poke the pin inside that reset hole and then you try to connect to your system as the setting will be reset and you will be able to get the data to read. Try it might work.