Thread: Empty bookmark items at startup in Firefox 6

Empty bookmark items at startup in Firefox 6

I have some problem with the Firefox 6. Actually whenever I start the browser then the bookmark items in the browser is empty and I cannot get any of my previously saved bookmarks. This was not the case with the previously installed Firefox version in my computer then why is it happening with Firefox 6. If anybody over here has any explanation regarding this then please let me know that. I will appreciate every helpful suggestion.

Re: Empty bookmark items at startup in Firefox 6

I think that there is some problem with the settings for the bookmarks in the browser and because of which it is not able to save the bookmarks. So just open the settings of the bookmarks and from there select the option to restore the settings to the default. This will restore the settings to the default value. Now close and reopen the browser and this may solve the problem that you are facing.

You should verify that if the Bookmarks Toolbar items are there in the View > Toolbars > Customize and if you find that the Bookmarks Toolbar items is not in the Bookmarks Toolbar then you will have to drag that to the toolbar palette again within the customize window towards the Bookmarks Toolbar. This can solve the problem that you are facing. So do this and please tell us that if it was helpful to you or not.

Reinstalling the Firefox 6 might solve the problem for you. Many of the issues related to the browser get resolved by reinstalling the browser and therefore I hope that this problem will also be resolved by reinstalling that. Make this as the last option to solve the problem if none of the other solutions helps you. Other than reinstalling, restoring the settings to the default can also be considered as one of the best possible solutions for this.

Just contact the Firefox support team and ask them about this problem. They are the best people to ask the questions like this. They will tell you the exact reason as well as the solution for this problem and also the way by which this problem can be resolved. This will be the best way to get the answer for this. If you get the working solution for this then please post that here as well so that it will be helpful to other users also.