Thread: Unable to connect to Google Chat using third party clients

Unable to connect to Google Chat using third party clients

Here I have an issue regarding Google chat and I want to share it with you people as I think I can get proper suggestion here. I don’t have gmail address but I have created a google account using my non gmail id. And now I can sign into Google’s web clients and Google+ but when I try to sign into gtalk using any third party clients Such as IM+, iChat and even in Meebo then I can’t sing in. Is it happened to me only or anyone else has the same issue. Please suggest if you have any suggestion.

Re: Unable to connect to Google Chat using third party clients

Here I think I have a solution for your problem. Sometimes some third party clients require you to enter your full email address. I think you don’t enter your complete email address. Just try entering full email address once. If then also if you are not able to login into Google Talk then I think you will not be allowed to do so. Then you have to make a gmail id to use login into Google Talk.

You said you don’t have a gmail address. Then I think you only have Google+ chat id that why you are able to login into Google+. But if you want to login into Google Talk then it is necessary that you should have either Google chat ID or a gmail address. So, if you don’t have a gmail address, then just create a gmail address and then try to login into Google Talk and you will surely succeed.

Here I want to add something form my side. As far as I know you must have a gmail id or Google Talk Id in order to Login into Google Talk. Trying to login in without having, either gmail address or Google chat id is worthless. As you have mentioned above that you don’t have either gmail address or google talk id then it is for sure that you first have to make a gmail address and its very simple to make one.

You cannot login directly that way. You have to create a gmail address. Because, now, google do not allow you to use non gmail Id or Google+ Id to create Google Chat ID. Gmail address and Google Apps address are equivalent in case of Chat. You can use your Google+ ID only in TalkGadget which appears in Google+. In order to use Google Talk now you have to create a gmail address.