Thread: Create an internet hotspot with 3G connection

Create an internet hotspot with 3G connection

Hello, everyone I have a question for all. I am connecting to internet with Tata Docomo 3g Dial-up connection and I would like to create a Internet Hotspot on my PC so that other computers and devices can connect to the internet. I want my iTouch devices to connect using the 3g internet. I don’t know if this is possible. Can anyone tell me how I can create hotspot for these devices? Is there a difference between Mac and Windows for creating it also? I would prefer it on Mac.

Re: Create an internet hotspot with 3G connection

Also, one more thing you asked is whether there is a difference for Windows and Mac? Yes, there is a difference in the software used for connecting the hotspot. For mac also they have introduced some softwares for the hotspot. They also have similar version of Connectify for the Mac. You have to choose a Wi-fi name and password which other devices who want to connect can use. Thus, it brings all the devices together with its software.

A hotspot is used to provide Internet access over a WLAN through the use of a router connected to a link to an ISP in this case Docomo 3g service. It uses Wi-Fi technology and yes you can use it to connect your devices together. You can create a hotspot for your PC for that you will need a Wi-fi router such as LinkSys WRT54GL with a special firmware. So when you connect your router to your dial-up connection, the software automatically creates hotspot. Search for compatible firmwares on the net. Hope this helps solving your query.

The best way to create hotspot is by using Connectify. It is a Windows 7 application that turns your PC into an Access point for Internet sharing. It uses the Wi-Fi card to share any internet connection with other devices. Other Wi-Fi enabled devices like iPad or iPhone can see and join your Connectify hotspot just like it sees other Wi-Fi access points normally and then connect to it. It is also encrypted and secure from hacking. Just download the software from their official site and follow instructions as given on the site.