Thread: Unable to see online videos on Logitech Revue with Google TV

Unable to see online videos on Logitech Revue with Google TV

Does anyone here own a Google TV or the Logitech revue companion box, or can advice something on it. I have recently purchased the Google TV and the Revue with it. I was pretty happy with it but a few days ago I came to know that the videos from other sites don’t open. At first I thought that maybe I am doing something wrong. But it’s actually a fault from Google

Re: Unable to see online videos on Logitech Revue with Google TV

When Logitech disclosed its financial results it reported last week, said returns to Logitech Revue were far more than its sales. Some people thought this meant that there were more consumers to return products, which forced Logitech to buy the product. This is simply not the case. Remember that Logitech sells primarily to distributors and retailers, not consumers. Since Logitech launched the Logitech Revue in October 2010, the yields of the product customers have averaged at levels comparable to other products from Logitech. So by this you can make out that Revue was a complete failure and that’s the reason most of the major media content sites have disowned Google TV

The major content providers are now blocking Google TV, oriented user interface for advanced users, "universal" Google search does not search Netflix, Netflix seems to have outdated interface, the selection of limited application launch, expensive compared to simple devices like Apple TV and Roku XDS, too many mistakes with the current software, major problems with network performance review sample does not work with older people, not HDTV.

While searching through the work of disseminating content as well, the media online is generally less successful. The Google system can pull streaming video results from YouTube and network TV, and Amazon Video on Demand and Netflix (if you have an account). When it works, great - you get both paid and free options, depending on what is available, and worked as Netflix does with a regular Roku box - but unfortunately most of the time the results were surprisingly uneven when I tried a few times. Even high-profile titles are not often presented, even though they knew they were available from at least one streaming service, and we also found that sometimes show us the content they really could not see through the Revue.

If you seriously want to watch videos then I would recommend you to dump your Revue and get the boxee box. Its ergonomics are a pretty site to watch and it is very easy to use, even its keyboard is pretty cool and so is the remote. I have been using it for quite a long time and I love it’s pretty cool user interface. The only back drop is that you need to have an account first. But you can view all the sites on boxee than Revue.

Hardware and software defects are only one aspect of the Revue, however, and its content, which is beyond the control of Google. When the transmission works on the Revue, which works well, and the only regret is the networks do not seem too interested in letting Google TV a free ride on their media online. The list of blocked sites seems likely that only become longer, and then if someone is Google users, or both, will have to search their pockets and pay for accessing the online media.