Thread: no update solving problem in squeeze box internet radio

no update solving problem in squeeze box internet radio

I am having problems with squeeze box internet radio. After turning off and turning on again, squeeze box internet radio does not return to the same menu option where it was when it was turned off. My squeeze box internet radio is quite unstable now. It is not turning on in a systematic way. I have installed much software that was provided by the Logitech but nothing changed and improved. Well today I just saw that there was another update from the Logitech and hence I tried installing it again. Without oppressing anything a change has happen. I am really very angry and I am planning to complain about Logitech. Kindly help

Re: no update solving problem in squeeze box internet radio

Firstly tell me that are you turning off until it says goodbye or just until it says the time. Does the display turn on automatically? Well I think you should post again being precise. This will allow more people to participate in the discussion under the forum and your problem will get resolved early. Well I will ask you to refer the manual. Everything is actually mentioned in the Logitech manual. I think if anything fails then going through the manual is the best solution.

Well when the player is in standby mode, the router provides new IP address and the radio gets disconnected, it gets off. It doesn’t get turned off without saying good bye usually. I have updated the new software but still there’s no change. Tell me that did you turn it off until it said Goodbye? This is a full shutdown and has the power completely off. Do you use a battery or no?

I have three Squeezebox Radios on two different LANs and unfortunately i have experienced the same problem since the last update. It is really very annoying. Also I am just trying to verify the setup because I use a radio on my desk and do not have this issue. For new update I thing you should search online for help. You can also call up the Logitech guys and ask them.

Well I would ask you to downgrade preferably if the new update doesn’t solve the issue. Here are the steps to downgrade:
    1. Unplug the radio
    2. Press and hold the rewind button
    3. When plugging back in hold the rewind button
    4. When you see the Logitech logo let go.
    You should be on 7.5.4 version now and you can check in the diagnostics screen of the player for the same. Remember that don’t go for an update even if you are prompted.