Thread: How to use Comcast Xfinity with Google TV

How to use Comcast Xfinity with Google TV

Several time before I have observed the some fellows are getting very much issue regarding logging into Xfinity w/ Google TV other than was assuming if that had been put right? I spoke through a Comcast rep (who didn't noise extremely well-informed) except he said I would be capable to make use of Xfinity with Google TV. This is one of my major apprehensions prior to I purchase. Are you currently capable to make use of Xfinity otherwise HBO Go through your Gooogle TV?

Re: How to use Comcast Xfinity with Google TV

No it hasn't been completely rectified up till now. Comcast freshly switched Xfinity playback toward Microsoft Silverlight . I have seen that a few videos on Xfinity play within flash format and work through Google TV. Most particularly every one of the CBS shows and a group of others. On the other hand NBC as well as ABC still don't work. Therefore it's a bit superior than it utilized to be except it's at rest extremely hit otherwise miss into finding things that will play. I would speak that on one occasion we obtain the application market and somebody develops a Silverlight application intended for Google TV in that case Xfinity will most expected work.

Whilst Hulu might have blocked way in toward Google TV, every one of expectation is not misplaced. It seems like you can way in Comcast/Xfinity’s Fancast website by altering the user agent on top of Google TV component to “Generic.” From there, going toward Fancast will carry you a pleasant compilation of shows. The shows are embossed through the Hulu logo. Furthermore I believe the publicizing of this workaround might have presently spelled destiny for it in the close to prospect.

Following months of being pushed into Android phones that Comcast TV XFINITY App has been modernized to hold up Honeycomb, offering an interface that will create you re-equipped tablet ditching customary remote control in no time. Comcast up to now is authoritatively supporting Motorola XOOM, except the app have to be compatible with whichever tablet Honeycomb with WXGA resolution (1280 × 800). Gingerbread users are fortunate, as well, that the last update as well offers support for the latest edition of Android for phones.

If you love movies from Showtime On Demand and HBO, then you will love the fact that the service Fancast and Comcast iPhone app have joined beaten and now offers the same access to the iPhone and iPod Touch. iPhone and iPod Touch owners can now use the app to Xfinity OnDemand movies and more from Comcast's servers current. Furthermore soon there will a support for Android with an application but the support for Google TV is still not overlooked yet.

Comcast has partnered with Intel and Pace to develop a new hybrid Xfinity TV-top-box. The device receives its "hybrid" of the title, as it combines several technologies including tru2way and research capacities. It will allow users to experience TV in the cloud base, live TV, on demand and DVR over a STB. STV Rhythm developed using an Intel CPU plus graphics card, which allows the device offers complicated intelligent interface through TV functions. These include the integration of applications and integration of Facebook and other interactive options. The decoder has a structural design that leverages hybrid fiber coaxial network as well as DOCSIS 3.0 Comcast to deliver the new guide and user knowledge. The latest gadget also includes DVR abilities with elevated capacity hard disk.