Thread: Google TV with Comcast Data usage

Google TV with Comcast Data usage

I want to ask that if some comcast user can make use of the google tv? Dose the google TV is making use of the excessive data? On my computer, I have never used more than 50 gigabytes in one month. But when I started using the google TV then I found that after only one week it crosses the data use of 86 gigabytes. Other than the google TV, I was only using the basic sites like youtube, facebook and all. I am .having only 250 gigabytes limit for one and if it continues like this then it will be over in 15 days only.

Re: Google TV with Comcast Data usage

I would like to tell you that you are visiting the webpage on Google TV then it will consume more bandwidth as it normally takes. So this is the reason that it is consuming more of data uses. Anyway, you can take a look at this and you will have a better idea about this. I have not used that but know that this is the only reason for this. If don’t want to lose use your data uses then you should not use the google tv or switch to some other plan.

In my case I a m using the Mac mini to check that through my Google TV and I have found that if you do not discontinue the stream subsequent watching that then it will just carry on to play subsequent videos. That can consumes data let’s say you are out for two days then it will carry on to stream data until you stop the stream. I don’t know that what you are watching on this but this ca n be the reason for this.

Google should put some protection in order to abort the stream after some time interval. Let's be honest I do not know that there is any 4 hours films or television programs. Internet providers will use the data use that profit and try to get people using too much data to view the contents to try to get them to sign up for a subscription. I love my TV I even left my Google iPhone for a link between nexus s and I'm happy for everything.

Is there anyone who is using Netflix? I use Netflix for about 2-3 hours a day and most of what I see is in HD, which has a use for some concerts. We are running PS3, GTV 1, PC, Laptop, and Smartphone Comcast Internet and have never gone over the cap 250 G. They are not always online, but a good amount every month. I'll see what we are using and stick. I was thinking to switch to AT&T U-verse but due to their new limits I am not doing that.

After entering my account I click where it says "user settings and". That leads me to a page with a bar graph form (at the top of the page) - which shows the use for the current month in Gigabytes. The bar is reset on primary day of every month. They say it is not precisely real time but can occasionally be delayed by 3 hours. You can also click a link on that page and get a detailed bar chart in recent months several of my use of what I can compare that with the current month.