Thread: Restore Windows 7 Internet Settings

Restore Windows 7 Internet Settings

I recently moved a work computer to my home to use in my home office and i now can't connect to the Internet. I have the computer directly connected to my wireless router through an Ethernet cord. All other computers that are connected wirelessly seem to work absolutely fine. When i open up network and sharing center and try and run the troubleshoot problems I constantly get the following error message "windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings". I dont know if that has anything to do with the issue but i am just so lost for what the problem is. Can anyone out there help me? I needed this computer up and running yesterday. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Re: Restore Windows 7 Internet Settings

Go check in Internet Option. Click on Control Panel and then click on Internet Option > Connection > Lan Settings. Here just check that the tick on the proxy is not selected. After that type cmd in the Start menu and pass this two command : netsh winsock reset & netsh int ipv4 reset. If this does not work then again go in Control Panel and look for Network and Internet. Then go in Network Sharing Center and click on Manage Network Connections. Right click the network adapter and disable it. Then enable it back again.

None of that seemed to work...

Don't know if this makes a difference or not but when i open up my network and sharing center it says under view your basic information and set up connections "unknown, the dependency service or group failed to start."

You can try to reset your network adapter and check if that solves the issue or not. To reset the adapter:
    1. Open Network Connections by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Network and Internet, clicking Network and Sharing Center, and then clicking Manage network connections.
    2. Right-click the network adapter icon, and then click Disable. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    3. Right-click the adapter icon again, and then click Enable. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Hi Zachary...thanks...but that was the first thing i tried and it didn't do anything....thank you though!

Can you try to completely uninstall the network card first and reinstall it, but if that doesn't work you'll need to seriously consider the in-place upgrade. You can type device manager in the search bar and press enter then find the network card, both wired and wireless, and select and remove them. Then uninstall the related software by making sure you have the software to reinstall it first. After that restart your pc and reinstall the software.